Adam began preparing for the pressures of litigation as a drag racer, racing cars and motorcycles at speeds of more than 128 mph. He now maneuvers companies through the anxiety-filled process of litigation to safeguard their business interests.
Adam’s practice is focused on commercial contract disputes, fintech and financial services litigation, trade secret disputes, consumer product safety issues, product liability defense, construction defects, business litigation, and insurance law.
Adam has broad litigation experience, having tried cases to judges and juries. He regularly appears in state and federal courts in the state of Utah and represents his clients at all stages of litigation. He has appeared pro hac vice in cases pending in California, New York, Washington, Illinois, Florida, Alabama, and Missouri. He is regarded by his colleagues for his knowledge of civil procedure and evidence, and he is particularly adept at applying dynamic research and analysis to each of his client’s unique needs.
Adam is also active in his community. Adam has served as the President of the Governing Board of Legacy Preparatory Academy, a public charter school of approximately 1100 students, and he previously served as a Varsity Coach in the Boy Scouts of America.
Education & Admissions
University of Utah, S. J. Quinney College of Law (Juris Doctor, 2008), High Honors; Note and Comment Editor, Utah Law Review
Utah Valley University (B.S., Accounting, 2005), summa cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Utah
- U.S. District Court for the District of Utah, Honorable Dee V. Benson, 2008-2009
- Trial counsel in matter obtaining 7 figure jury verdict for client, representing 3-times the opposition’s value determination
- Trial counsel in matter obtaining 7 figure bench trial judgment for client, including an award of 100% of attorney fees
- Successfully excluded all expert witnesses in construction defect matter
- Obtained dismissals of punitive damages claims in multiple matters, including claims seeking 8 figures
- Obtained summary judgment for clients in multiple matters alleging damages in excess of $1 million each
- Assisted clients in obtaining multiple appellate wins in federal and state appellate courts
- Successfully defended client accused of fraud and various unfair and deceptive trade practices in multistate class action litigation
- Regularly appears pro bono on behalf of indigent clients in need of solutions to legal problems
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
- Director and Officer Indemnification and Advancement Rights, Recent Developments in Business and Corporate Litigation, (American Bar Association 2018; 2019; 2020; 2021)
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Government Solutions & Investigations
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Insurance Law
- Products Liability