In the U.S. section the stories include a discussion of:
- The guilty plea by a DOJ employee tied to the IMDB scandal;
- Morgan Stanley's AML settlement; and
- The Plantronics settlement with the SEC and DOJ.
In the Europe section you will find stories which include:
- The most recent events in the continuing Alstom inquiries; and
- The settlement of oil giant Total with French prosecutors.
- Pakistan's new national counterterrorism and cyber plan; and
- The seven year sentence handed down to Pakistan's former Prime Minister.
- The latest charges in the Brazil "car wash" probe; and
- The involvement of major trading companies in the Petrobras bribery scheme.
Finally, a Special Section reviews key DOJ and SEC FCPA cases brought in 2018, including critical judicial decisions and settlements involving individuals and firms.
We hope you find this information useful. To view this issue, click here.
Corruption issues are also addressed on the Computer Fraud website at http://computerfraud.us/ and SEC Actions blog at www.secactions.com. To subscribe to future editions of the Anti-Corruption Digest, click here.