- Tchenguiz & others -v- Grant Thornton UK LLP & others: acting for Grant Thornton in the defence of two high profile claims brought by the Tchenguiz brothers in the Commercial Court.
- Slater & Gordon (UK) 1 Ltd -v- Watchstone Group Plc: Defending a listed public company in a high profile £637 million claim for fraudulent misrepresentation and breach of warranty arising out of a sale of a number of its operating subsidiaries, and its counterclaim, leading to a successful settlement that was described by Legal Business Magazine as “a significant victory”.
- Otello Corporation ASA -v- Moore Frères & Company and Last Lion Holdings Limited  EWHC 2347 (Ch) – Acting for listed Norwegian software company Otello in its successful High Court action arising from Moore Frères’ attempts to block Otello from selling its minority shareholding in Last Lion for $53 million, with the case heard to an expedited timetable, with trial on liability ending under three months after commencement.
- Watchstone Group Plc -v- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP: Acting for the claimant on a widely-reported £63 million claim against a former adviser, arising out of a 2015 transaction, for breach of contract, breach of confidence, breach of fiduciary duty and unlawful means conspiracy.
- Advising an Italian company on a substantial real estate dispute relating to a large property formerly occupied by its UK subsidiary.
- Acting for a Japanese sports media major in relation to a dispute with a joint venture partner regarding a multi-million dollar investment in a Singapore company.
- Advising a client in the mining sector on approaches to third parties seeking to prevent the disposal and receipt of proceeds of a subsidiary mining entity.
- Representing a BVI company in a series of complex linked LCIA arbitrations relating to ownership of a telecommunications company in a Central Asian republic, and, following the successful outcome, in the subsequent multi-million pound worldwide enforcement action.
- Advising a leading British retail bank in an investigation by the UK government into the sale of PPI.
- Acting for a Turkish state-owned enterprise in a multi-million dollar ICC arbitration brought by a Dutch/Turkish joint venture company regarding construction works undertaken on a section of the strategically important Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan oil pipeline, and representing that entity in enforcement proceedings in Jersey.
- Acting for an aircraft leasing company in an arbitral dispute in relation to the leasing of an aircraft to a Siberian air carrier.
- Advising a UAE trading company in relation to an ICC arbitration against a French multinational company.
- Advising a leading Japanese high tech manufacturer in a tax dispute arising from an intellectual property transaction with a Dutch counterparty.
- Defending one of the top English universities in a biotech procurement challenge in the Technology and Construction Court by an unsuccessful tenderer.
- Acting for one of the largest British investment banks on a number of investigations arising from the creation of electronic communications, including regulatory advice.
- Advising a Russian individual in relation to threatened attempts by the Russian Federation to extradite him.
- Advising a Brazilian construction company in relation to potential ICC proceedings against a Chinese manufacturing company regarding a tax indemnity.
News & Resources
January 6, 2021
September 16, 2020
August 13, 2020
May 29, 2020
May 15, 2020
COVID-19 Pandemic – What Should I Do if My Counterparty to an Important Contract is Applying Pressure to Change Our Agreement?
May 7, 2020
COVID-19 Pandemic – What Should I Do if a Transaction that I Have Been Negotiating Suddenly Collapses?
April 24, 2020
High Court Refuses to Adjourn Trial Because the Recent COVID-19 Legislation Indicates that Hearings Should Proceed Using Remote Technology
April 8, 2020
What Should I Do if Government Lockdowns or Supply Shortages Mean that I Can No Longer Supply a Client with Goods or Services Under a Contract?
April 6, 2020
Contractual Implications of the COVID-19 Pandemic – Can it Excuse a Business from Performance of Contractual Obligations Under Contracts Governed by English Law?
March 27, 2020
February 3, 2020
January 8, 2019
December 6, 2018
November 8, 2018
October 5, 2018
September 6, 2018
August 6, 2018
July 11, 2018
June 7, 2018
May 7, 2018
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Commercial Litigation
- Electronic Discovery
- Emerging Companies
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Government Contracts Counseling & Litigation
- International Arbitration & Litigation
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement