Joseph is a Special Counsel in Dorsey's London office, who focuses on commercial litigation and arbitration, particularly high value cross border dispute resolution and real estate litigation.
During his career, he has been involved in many of the leading cases before the English courts, including the high profile Commercial Court litigation brought by the Tchenguiz brothers in the wake of the SFO's dawn raids following the collapse of the Icelandic bank Kaupthing, and Slater & Gordon UK 1 Ltd v. Watchstone Group Plc, brought by the listed Australian law firm following its purchase of Quindell.
Joseph joined Dorsey & Whitney in 2017, having trained at Simmons & Simmons LLP.
Joseph is featured as a “Rising Star” in Legal 500 for 2022, where he is described as "very experienced, very able, extremely hardworking, and looking to get the best outcome.”
- Tchenguiz & others -v- Grant Thornton UK LLP & others: acting for Grant Thornton in the defence of two high profile claims brought by the Tchenguiz brothers in the Commercial Court.
- Slater & Gordon (UK) 1 Ltd -v- Watchstone Group Plc: Defending a listed public company in a high profile £637 million claim for fraudulent misrepresentation and breach of warranty arising out of a sale of a number of its operating subsidiaries, and its counterclaim, leading to a successful settlement that was described by Legal Business Magazine as “a significant victory”.
- Otello Corporation ASA -v- Moore Frères & Company and Last Lion Holdings Limited: Acting for listed Norwegian software company Otello in its successful High Court action arising from Moore Frères’ attempts to block Otello from selling its minority shareholding in Last Lion for $53 million, with the case heard to an expedited timetable, with trial on liability ending under three months after commencement.
- Watchstone Group Plc -v- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP: Acting for the claimant on a widely-reported £63 million claim against a former adviser, arising out of a 2015 transaction, for breach of contract, breach of confidence, breach of fiduciary duty and unlawful means conspiracy.
- Advising an Italian company on a substantial real estate dispute relating to a large property formerly occupied by its UK subsidiary.
- Acting for a Japanese sports media major in relation to a dispute with a joint venture partner regarding a multi-million dollar investment in a Singapore company.
- Advising a client in the mining sector on approaches to third parties seeking to prevent the disposal and receipt of proceeds of a subsidiary mining entity.
- Representing a BVI company in a series of complex linked LCIA arbitrations relating to ownership of a telecommunications company in a Central Asian republic, and, following the successful outcome, in the subsequent multi-million pound worldwide enforcement action.
- Advising a leading British retail bank in an investigation by the UK government into the sale of PPI.
- Acting for a Turkish state-owned enterprise in a multi-million dollar ICC arbitration brought by a Dutch/Turkish joint venture company regarding construction works undertaken on a section of the strategically important Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan oil pipeline, and representing that entity in enforcement proceedings in Jersey.
- Acting for an aircraft leasing company in an arbitral dispute in relation to the leasing of an aircraft to a Siberian air carrier.
- Advising a UAE trading company in relation to an ICC arbitration against a French multinational company.
- Advising a leading Japanese high tech manufacturer in a tax dispute arising from an intellectual property transaction with a Dutch counterparty.
- Advising in relation to a real estate dispute regarding two adjoining properties in London’s prestigious The Bishops Avenue.
- Defending one of the top English universities in a biotech procurement challenge in the Technology and Construction Court by an unsuccessful tenderer.
- Acting for one of the largest British investment banks on a number of investigations arising from the creation of electronic communications, including regulatory advice.
- Representing a major European manufacturer in relation to a heavily contested multi-million pound dilapidations dispute with a former landlord.
- Advising a Russian individual in relation to threatened attempts by the Russian Federation to extradite him.
- Advising a Brazilian construction company in relation to potential ICC proceedings against a Chinese manufacturing company regarding a tax indemnity.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Commercial Litigation
- Electronic Discovery
- Emerging Companies
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Government Contracts Counseling & Litigation
- International Arbitration & Litigation
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Real Estate Litigation
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement