- Tchenguiz & others -v- Grant Thornton UK LLP & others: acting for Grant Thornton in the defence of two high profile claims brought by the Tchenguiz brothers in the Commercial Court.
- Slater & Gordon (UK) 1 Ltd v. Watchstone Group Plc: Defending a listed public company in a high profile £637 million claim for fraudulent misrepresentation and breach of warranty arising out of a sale of a number of its operating subsidiaries.
- Otello Corporation ASA v Moore Frères & Company and Last Lion Holdings Limited  EWHC 2347 (Ch) – Acting for listed Norwegian software company Otello in its successful High Court action arising from Moore Frères’ attempts to block Otello from selling its minority shareholding in Last Lion for $53 million, with the case heard to an expedited timetable, with trial ending under three months after commencement.
- Acting for a Japanese sports media major in relation to a dispute with a joint venture partner regarding a multi-million dollar investment in a Singapore company.
- Advising a client in the mining sector on approaches to third parties seeking to prevent the disposal and receipt of proceeds of a subsidiary mining entity.
- Representing a BVI company in a series of complex linked LCIA arbitrations relating to ownership of a telecommunications company in a Central Asian republic, and, following the successful outcome, in the subsequent multi-million pound worldwide enforcement action.
- Advising a leading British retail bank in an investigation by the UK government into the sale of PPI.
- Acting for a Turkish state-owned enterprise in a multi-million dollar ICC arbitration brought by a Dutch/Turkish joint venture company regarding construction works undertaken on a section of the strategically important Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan oil pipeline, and representing that entity in enforcement proceedings in Jersey.
- Advising a Russian individual in relation to threatened attempts by the Russian Federation to extradite him.
- Acting for an aircraft leasing company in an arbitral dispute in relation to the leasing of an aircraft to a Siberian air carrier.
- Advising a leading Japanese high tech manufacturer in a tax dispute arising from an intellectual property transaction with a Dutch counterparty.
- Representing a listed company in its high profile defence of a £600 million claim for fraudulent misrepresentation and breach of warranty arising out of a Sale & Purchase Agreement.
- Defending one of the top English universities in a biotech procurement challenge in the Technology and Construction Court by an unsuccessful tenderer.
- Acting for one of the largest British investment banks on a number of investigations arising from the creation of electronic communications, including regulatory advice.
- Advising a Brazilian construction company in relation to potential ICC proceedings against a Chinese manufacturing company regarding a tax indemnity.
News & Resources
October 5, 2018
September 6, 2018
August 6, 2018
July 11, 2018
June 7, 2018
May 7, 2018
April 5, 2018
March 8, 2018
February 8, 2018
January 9, 2018
December 6, 2017
November 2, 2017
October 5, 2017
September 7, 2017
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Commercial Litigation
- Development & Infrastructure
- Electronic Discovery
- Emerging Companies
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Government Contracts Counseling & Litigation
- International Arbitration & Litigation
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement