- Tchenguiz & others -v- Grant Thornton UK LLP & others: acting for Grant Thornton in the defence of two high profile claims brought by the Tchenguiz brothers in the Commercial Court.
- Acting for a Japanese sports media major in relation to a dispute with a joint venture partner regarding a multi-million dollar investment in a Singapore company.
- Representing a BVI company in a series of complex linked LCIA arbitrations relating to ownership of a telecommunications company in a Central Asian republic, and, following the successful outcome, in the subsequent multi-million pound worldwide enforcement action.
- Advising a leading British retail bank in an investigation by the UK government into the sale of PPI.
- Acting for a Turkish state-owned enterprise in a multi-million dollar ICC arbitration brought by a Dutch/Turkish joint venture company regarding construction works undertaken on a section of the strategically important Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan oil pipeline, and representing that entity in enforcement proceedings in Jersey.
- Advising a Russian individual in relation to threatened attempts by the Russian Federation to extradite him.
- Acting for an aircraft leasing company in an arbitral dispute in relation to the leasing of an aircraft to a Siberian air carrier.
- Advising a leading Japanese high tech manufacturer in a tax dispute arising from an intellectual property transaction with a Dutch counterparty.
- Representing a listed company in its high profile defence of a £600 million claim for fraudulent misrepresentation and breach of warranty arising out of a Sale & Purchase Agreement.
- Defending one of the top English universities in a biotech procurement challenge in the Technology and Construction Court by an unsuccessful tenderer.
- Acting for one of the largest British investment banks on a number of investigations arising from the creation of electronic communications, including regulatory advice.
- Advising a Brazilian construction company in relation to potential ICC proceedings against a Chinese manufacturing company regarding a tax indemnity.
News & Resources
May 7, 2018
April 5, 2018
March 8, 2018
February 8, 2018
January 9, 2018
December 6, 2017
November 2, 2017
October 5, 2017
September 7, 2017
Industries & Practices
- Commercial Litigation
- Electronic Discovery
- Emerging Companies
- Government Contracts Counseling & Litigation
- International Arbitration & Litigation
- Mining & Natural Resources
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement