International law firm Dorsey & Whitney LLP announced today that it hosted the Project 5/165 Workshop on December 8, 2015 in Minneapolis.
Presented by Inside Counsel, Project 5/165 is a series of regional workshops designed to support and accelerate the development of senior women attorneys to general counsel positions. The name derives from the goal – to have 165 women (30%) as General Counsel in Fortune 500 companies within five years. The Minneapolis Workshop included active learning exercises and role playing through various business simulations where participants mastered leadership skills for executive management and career growth. The workshop included role playing exercises to leverage strategic thinking and sessions on accelerating executive development and financial acumen.
Dorsey Partner Michelle Grant championed the workshop. Ms. Grant is a committed supporter of advancing the success of women lawyers. She also serves on the board of directors for Minnesota Women Lawyers. “It was an honor to host the Project 5/165 Workshop in Minneapolis,” said Ms. Grant. “I wholeheartedly support its mission and it was a wonderful opportunity for networking and learning among women in-house lawyers.”
Ms. Grant, along with Partners Kristina Carlson, Securities & Financial Services Litigation, Melinda Maher, Benefits & Compensation, Betsy Parker, Finance & Restructuring and Rhona Schmidt, Technology Commerce and Of Counsel Rebecca Bernhard, Labor & Employment participated and facilitated the role playing exercises.
Faculty for the Minneapolis workshop included:
• Stephanie Albert, Vice President, General Counsel & Assistant Corporate Secretary, Delta Dental of Minnesota
• Anne Behrendt, General Counsel, Doran Companies
• Rebecca Bortolotti, Vice President, Chief Technology Counsel, ConAgra Foods
• Jennifer Deitloff, Senior Counsel, ConAgra Foods
• Heather Fine, Managing Director, Major, Lindsey & Africa
• Catherine Kemnitz, General Manager, Axiom
• Cathy Landman, General Counsel, Jostens
• Christine Meuers, EVP, Head of Office of Global Ethics & Integrity, Wells Fargo & Company
• Sonya Som, Managing Director, Major, Lindsey & Africa