Dorsey & Whitney advised Kodiak Oil & Gas in its recent acquisition by Whiting Petroleum Corp. (WLL.N). Whiting Petroleum Corp. will acquire Kodiak Oil & Gas Corp (KOG.N) for $3.8 billion in stock, to become the largest producer in North Dakota's Bakken shale oil formations. The deal will unite two big exploration and production companies, both of which have a strong presence in the Bakken and Three Forks formations, some of the most oil and gas rich areas of the Dakotas and Montana.
- The American Lawyer: Four Firms Advise on Latest Deal Arising From North America's Energy Boom
- The Deal Pipeline: Whiting Petroleum solidifies Bakken holdings with Kodiak
- Oil & Gas Financial Journal: Whiting Petroleum to acquire Kodiak for $6B
- Law360: Foley, Stikeman Rep Whiting Petroleum In $3.8B Kodiak Deal
- DealBook: Whiting Petroleum to Buy Kodiak Oil & Gas
- Reuters: Whiting to buy Kodiak for $3.8 billion, create No. 1 Bakken producer
- Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal: North Dakota oil industry has a new No. 1 after Whiting/Kodiak deal