As well as assisting various clients in the UK, his practice has a strong international dimension and includes a focus on the Middle East and acting for corporate and private clients from and/or on cases with a connection to the region. He has also acted for a number of clients from the US and the Far East.
His expertise is in contractual disputes, particularly post M&A/SPA disputes, banking & finance disputes and misrepresentation claims.
Aymen has litigated a number of high value and/or complex professional negligence claims relating to breaches of duties in tort and/or contract for corporates as well as high net worth individuals.
He also has considerable experience of acting in large complex claims arising from fraud including: fraudulent misrepresentation claims, dishonest assistance and unlawful means conspiracy claims and high value fraudulent trust claims.
Aymen has also obtained various forms of injunctive relief for clients, including freezing orders and injunctions restraining unlawful conduct related to confidential information and the enforcement of restrictive covenants. He regularly advises businesses and senior executives in relation to unlawful competitive activity through the misuse of confidential information and/or breaches of post-termination covenants.
Aymen is an Arabic speaker.
- Acting for a company in relation to trade financing arrangements where allegations of fraud led to a claim of US$500m by a leading UAE bank.
- Acting on behalf of a Jersey real estate development company in a professional negligence claim against a major City law firm for c.£50million.
- Acting on behalf of a Lebanese-owned leading manufacturer in Africa in relation to misrepresentation, misappropriation and breach of fiduciary duties claims which involved the Lebanese, BVI, Angolan, Portuguese and Isle of Man jurisdictions.
- Acting for a UK investment fund in a claim for damages of over £100 million against a leading UK bank in relation to a repurchase facility it provided.
- Acting for a Chinese company to defend an IFTA arbitration claim in relation to a film distribution agreement.
- Acting for a Kazakhstani oil production company in an LCIA Arbitration relating to projects across the Middle East.
- Acting for individuals in the UK to defend a claim of Missing Trader Intra-Community fraud against HMRC involving c. £10 million.
- Acting for a leading international media company on multi-jurisdictional claims to restrain the misuse of confidential information by a competitor.
- Acting for a US telecommunications company in a DIFC-LCIA arbitration claim against a UAE entity.
- Acting for Ukrainian nationals in a fraud claim relating to an alleged Trust created by a deceased member of the family consisting of assets across various jurisdictions estimated to be worth over $200 million.
- Acting for a group of Chinese metals companies to defend guarantee claims relating to c. $150 million of freight trade agreements.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
Banking & Financial InstitutionsExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
International Arbitration & LitigationExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Securities & Financial Services Litigation & EnforcementExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Trusts & Estates LitigationExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Commercial Litigation
- Electronic Discovery
- International Arbitration & Litigation
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement
- Trusts & Estates Litigation
- Aymen is ranked in the Legal 500 directory.
- "Aymen Khoury is a punchy commercial litigator who has a strong understanding of the main drivers in any piece of complex litigation. Great strategic awareness. Has the energy to keep any dispute moving in the right direction." -Legal 500 Directory 2021/2022, Commercial Litigation: Premium
- "Aymen Khoury leads from the front but allows his team the latitude and autonomy to complete work quickly, efficiently and to a high standard. He is extremely thorough whilst pulling no punches when the opportunity arises." -Legal 500 Directory 2021/2022, Professional Negligence
- "Aymen Khoury is a clever and sensible litigator. He is creative and looks for all angles on his client’s behalf." -Legal 500 Directory 2021/2022, Banking Litigation
- “Aymen Khoury is energetic and likeable. He has a good eye for legal argument and is tenacious.” -Legal 500 Directory 2022/2023, Banking Litigation
- “Combines legal excellence with sound judgement and practical commercial instincts.” -Legal 500 Directory 2022/2023, Banking Litigation
- “Aymen Khoury is experienced in contractual disputes – he has a strong international practice with a focus on the Middle East. His inspirational leadership brings out the star quality of his associates and his commercial and strategic mind puts clients at ease.” -Legal 500 Directory 2022/2023, Professional Negligence