RICHARD HELPS CLIENTS ATTAIN VALUABLE PATENT PROTECTION FOR LIFE SCIENCES AND CHEMICAL TECHNOLOGIES. IN ADDITION TO PREPARING AND PROSECUTING PATENT APPLICATIONS, HE COUNSELS CLIENTS REGARDING PATENTABILITY AND IP STRATEGY.
Richard is a registered patent attorney with extensive experience helping intellectual property owners protect and commercialize their innovations. Richard’s years of experience in commercializing early-stage technologies have given him a special understanding of the role sound intellectual property strategy plays in moving ideas along the path from conception to actual impact.
Richard has prepared and prosecuted domestic and international patent applications in a wide variety of areas, including biologic and small molecule drugs; vector-based therapeutics; drug delivery systems; medical devices and materials; and industrial chemistry applications such as ethanol production, packaging materials, and specialty chemicals.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
April 11, 2022
- “Update on Patent Eligibility - 35 U.S.C. § 101” Meeting of David K. Winder IP Inn of Court, March 2019
- “Licensing Pitfalls,” (Pupillage Co-Chair) Meeting of David K. Winder IP Inn of Court, Nov. 2017
- “IP Protection: Strategy and Budget,” Meeting of David K. Winder IP Inn of Court, Jan. 2017
- “Drafting License Agreements to Maintain IP Value,” Meeting of David K. Winder IP Inn of Court, Jan. 2016
- “Patent Prosecution for Effective Licensing and Third-Party Investment,” CLE presentation to IP Section of the Utah State Bar IP section, May 2016
Industries & Practices
- Intellectual Property
- Patent Prosecution, Portfolio Strategy & Management
- Technology Commerce