CLIENTS REGULARLY CALL ON FARA TO COUNSEL THEM ON ISSUES RELATING TO ADVERTISING, MARKETING, TRADEMARKS, SOCIAL MEDIA AND DOMAIN NAMES, ENABLING THEM TO PROTECT AND GROW THEIR VALUABLE BRANDS.
Education & Admissions
Fordham University School of Law (J.D., 2006), cum laude
Vassar College (B.A. Science, Technology & Society, 2000), Departmental Honors
- New York
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Atari Interactive, Inc. v. Greenberg (TTAB 2016). Prevailed in trademark opposition proceeding based on likelihood of confusion with Atari’s HAUNTED HOUSE trademark.
- JA Men’s Group LLC v. JA Apparel Corp. (AAA 2015). Secured and collected award of $42.6 million in trademark licensing dispute.
- Jaguar Land Rover Limited v. A-Z Wheels LLC (S.D. Cal. 2014). Obtained permanent injunction and damages award on behalf of Jaguar Land Rover in action for trademark counterfeiting and copyright infringement involving defendants' advertising and sale of knock-off wheels.
- Half the Sky Foundation v. Half the Sky Movement, LLC, Show of Force, LLC, Force Films, LLC, Games for Change, Inc., Nicholas D. Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn (S.D.N.Y. 2013). Defeated defendant’s motion to dismiss and obtained favorable settlement for Half the Sky Foundation.
- Bell's Brewery, Inc. v Winery Exchange, Inc. (E.D. Mich 2011). Obtained favorable settlement for Bell’s Brewery against a manufacturer of private label beer in a trademark infringement case.
- Initiated, defended and settled dozens of TTAB opposition proceedings.
- Filed and prosecuted numerous UDRP complaints resulting in recovery of dozens of domain names for clients.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
- “Native Content and Influencer Advertising: The Business Why and The Legal How,” Panel Member, New York State Bar Association, Entertainment Arts & Sports Law Section, June 2016
- “On the Heels of the Week: The Status of Fashion Protection,” Panel Member, New York State Bar Association, Entertainment Arts & Sports Law Section, Fashion Law Committee, March 2012
Industries & Practices
- Cybersecurity, Privacy & Social Media
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Trademark, Copyright & Advertising
Professional & Civic
- Member, International Trademark Association (INTA), Enforcement Committee, Judicial Administration and Trademark Litigation Subcommittee (2014 -2017)
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Committee on Trademarks and Unfair Competition (2016 – 2019)
- Brand Activation Association (BAA)