As a trial associate in Dorsey’s Commercial Litigation Group, Maral utilizes strategic, creative thinking to represent clients in antitrust matters and investigations in front of the Department of Justice and complex commercial disputes involving a broad range of business tort, contract, fraud, and trade secret misappropriation matters in state and federal courts. She has a wide range of experience navigating all aspects of litigation on behalf of both individual and corporate clients from pre-litigation strategy, discovery, depositions, and motion practice through trial, and appeals.
In addition to ligation, Maral represents clients in a variety of employment law matters and vigorously represents pro bono clients in civil rights and other related matters.
Education & Admissions
University of Denver, Sturm College of Law (J.D., 2016)
University of South Florida (M.A., 2012)
University of South Florida (B.A., 2010)
- United States District Court of Colorado
- United States District Courts of Northern, Central, and Eastern California
- Farsi and Spanish
- Represent multi-national spirit manufacturer in pending litigation against former distributor with approximately $80 million at issue.
- Represent turbine supplier in breach of contract actions in New York and Massachusetts against former partner with approximately $5 million at issue.
- Represent municipality in pending breach of contract action against software consultant company with approximately $15 million at issue.
- Chaired month-long bench trial representing a large public transportation authority in a lawsuit in connection with a multi-billion dollar P3 rail project with approximately $140 million at issue where successfully defended all claims and damages.
- Chaired month-long bench trial representing a minority shareholder in a dissolution and buy-out of a large pharmaceutical company with approximately $130 million at issue resulting in the largest awarded amount to a minority shareholder in Minnesota.
- Chaired jury trial in breach of contract action, resulting in jury verdict in favor of client.
- Chaired jury trial in breach of contract and misappropriation of trade secrets action in federal court (post-trial motions pending).
- Lead associate in representing companies in two Second Requests by the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act.
- Obtained default judgment against defendants in Colorado state court.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
- “Does LaFond Address Common Law Fiduciary Duties of LLC Members?” by Reid Allred and Maral Shoaei, July 2015
- Presenter, “10 Best Practices for an Efficient Privilege Review,” November 2020
Industries & Practices
- Antitrust & Competition Law
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Commercial Litigation
- Energy & Natural Resources
- ERISA Litigation
- Insurance Law
- International Arbitration & Litigation
- Labor & Employment
Professional & Civic
- 2021 Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Pathfinder Program
- Jessup International Law Moot Court Team at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Assistant Coach
- Center of Legal Inclusiveness-Young Lawyer’s Division, Co-Chair
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- Listed as a Top Lawyer in Denver by 5280 The Denver Magazine, Commercial Litigation, 2021-2023
- Recognized as a "Rising Star" for General Litigation by Colorado Super Lawyers, 2022
- Contributed more than 50+ Diversity hours, 2021
- Denver Center for Legal Inclusiveness – Inclusiveness@Work Finalist, 2021