Ron represents financial institutions in lending transactions and related matters.
Ron has decades of experience and expertise handling all aspects of debt financings and related matters, ranging from large and complex syndicated transactions, acquisition financings, workouts and specialized transactions (such as asset based loans and capital call credit facilities) to basic transactions, and related guaranties, security agreements, deeds of trust and mortgages (covering all types of real and personal property collateral, including oil and gas interests, pipelines, casinos, aircraft, vessels, drilling rigs and vehicles), intercreditor agreements and subordination agreements. His experience and expertise also involves representing clients in drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts.
- Represented the agent in a 1.6 billion Deutsche Mark denominated credit facility (and subsequent restructuring) for parent entity and its several foreign subsidiaries (producers of titanium dioxide), which facility was governed by German law and involved a syndicate of approximately 30 foreign banks.
- Represented the agent in a $850,000,000 credit facility for a publicly traded producer of specialty hydrocarbon products.
- Represented the agent in a $525 million credit facility (and subsequent bankruptcy) for a telecommunications company to finance its purchase of equipment.
- Represented the agent in a $500 million credit facility (and subsequent restructuring) for an owner of hotels/casinos secured by several hotels and casinos.
- Represented the agent in a $300 million credit facility for a retailer of specialty apparel.
- Represented the agent in a $250 million credit facility for a winery in California.
- Represented the agent in a $350 million credit facility to affiliated companies secured by oil and gas properties and mid-stream gas plants.
- Represented the agent in a $175 million credit facility for a sugar producer.
- Represented the agent in a $150 million credit facility for an aircraft lessor.
- Represented the lender in a $145 million credit facility for a large international company which trades crude oil, petroleum products, bio-fuels and metal.
- Represented the lender in a revolving credit and term credit facility to an owner of skilled nursing facilities.
- Represented the borrower in a credit facility provided by a hedge fund to finance monetization efforts relating to a portfolio of patents.
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring
- Capital Markets
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Foreign Banks and Financial Institutions
Professional & Civic
- AV® Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
20 plus years of pro bono representation of Young Men's Service League, a nationwide charitable organization involving high school young men and their mothers in charitable endeavors. The organization includes a national parent entity and approximately 130 affiliated chapters in approximately 20 states covered by a 501(c)(3) group for tax exemption.