Brad has experience representing investment managers with respect to the formation and operation of private investment funds, including hedge funds, managed futures funds, fund-of-funds, multi-strategy funds, private equity funds, credit funds, venture capital funds, real estate funds and commodity funds.
Brad advises investment managers with respect to the structuring and formation of private funds, domestic and offshore, including single, parallel, mini-master and master-feeder fund structures. He also advises investment managers with ongoing operational and investment-related matters. He also counsels investment managers with respect to secondary transactions, fund restructuring, as well as fund closing and liquidation matters.
Brad also has experience representing investment managers with respect to other asset management arrangements, including separately managed account arrangements, fund-of-one arrangements and subadvisory arrangements. Brad also has experience representing investors investing in private funds and other asset management arrangements.
Education & Admissions
University of Alabama (J.D., 2004), summa cum laude
- Hugo Black Scholar Award
- Dean M. Leigh Harrison Award (law school’s highest academic honor)
- Senior Editor, Alabama Law Review
- Order of the Coif
Eastern Washington University (B.S., 2001), cum laude
- Dean’s list
- Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society
- Represented client with respect to preparation and negotiation of fund documents for domestic fund focused on credit investments in the energy industry.
- Represented client with respect to formation and negotiation of fund documents and side letters for special purpose investment vehicle to provide $150 million initial credit facility to energy industry company and the subsequent additional closing of the special purpose vehicle to allow to fund and increase in the credit facility and coordinate with corporate group with respect to the underlying transactional work with respect to the transactions and assist with negotiation of investment documentation.
- Represent client with respect to the sale of a 24.9% passive minority interest in the client’s management entities to a global investment firm that provided the client with a strategic partner while allowing the client’s management team to continue to manage the business independently.
- Represent client with respect to preparation and negotiation of fund documents for domestic and offshore master-feeder hedge fund structure with $150 million seed investor.
- Represent UK manager with respect to preparation and negotiation of fund documents for offshore credit fund structure with institutional seed investors.
- Represent client with respect to preparation and negotiation of fund documents for domestic and offshore master-feeder commodity futures fund structure with seed investor with revenue share.
- Represent client and funds in transaction with a leading global private investment where its affiliates became the largest investor and the general partner and the investment manager of the funds, which included investor consent solicitation and issuer tender offer.
- Represent client with respect to the negotiation of a subadvisory arrangement with respect to a newly-established domestic entity into which an offshore fund would invest a third party investor’s assets to be managed by client.
- Represent manager with respect to the structuring of an in-kind distribution of an investor’s share on mineral interest assets in a commingled fud to a standalone vehicle, including preparing and negotiating transaction and entities documents and disclosure and commingled investor consent documents.
- Represent commodity pool operator/commodity trading adviser in negotiating separately managed account agreements with institutional investors.
- Represent manger with respect to the liquidation and dissolutions of domestic and offshore fund master-feeder structure.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Emerging Companies
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Investment Funds
- Investment Management
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Real Estate & Land Use