EVAN HELPS CLIENTS ACHIEVE FAVORABLE RESULTS IN LITIGATION THROUGH EFFECTIVE ADVOCACY AND PROACTIVE STRATEGIC PLANNING.
As a trial associate in Dorsey’s Construction and Design group, Evan works with clients to meet their goals in all stages of litigation and dispute resolution, from efficient and effective motion practice and fact discovery through appeal. Evan has particular experience on matters related to public-private partnerships.
In addition to his construction practice, Evan represents clients in insurance coverage actions and matters related to state and federal franchise law. He also provides pro bono representation in housing and veterans’ benefits matters.
Education & Admissions
University of Minnesota Law School (J.D., 2016), magna cum laude
Augustana College (B.A., 2013), summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, Honorable Roger L. Wollman, 2016-2017
- Represented Denver Regional Transportation District in defendant against claims brought by private partner regarding responsibility for delays and costs in large-scale commuter-rail project.
- Represents automobile manufacturers before federal and state courts and administrative bodies in dealer and market-representation matters.
- Litigated complex insurance coverage matter, involving a dispute between primary and excess insurers, through trial and appeal, obtaining a favorable result for the client.
- Representing hospital owner in dispute with former construction manager over project delays and increased costs.
News & Resources
November 21, 2022
April 1, 2021
Tapping P3s to Pay for Water Infrastructure Needs, printed in Journal of the American College of Construction Lawyers (Winter 2019)
February 15, 2019
News & Press Mentions
December 21, 2020
Industries & Practices
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction & Design
- Electronic Discovery
- Real Estate & Land Use