Laura began practicing at Dorsey in 1992 and has since counseled and represented employers on complying with the law and minimizing the risk of employment law claims. Laura counsels and represents employers in all aspects of employment law, including employee hiring and terminations, reductions in force, disability and discrimination issues, employee leave laws, wage and hour laws, restrictive covenant agreements, breach of fiduciary duty claims and employee policies and handbooks. She is experienced in all phases of federal and state court litigation and employment proceedings before the EEOC and state administrative agencies.
Laura also represents clients in general commercial litigation matters.
- Representing a large manufacturer of children’s products in a breach of restrictive covenant and breach of fiduciary duties case against a former employee (New York Supreme Court)
- Defending a large credit card processing company against a disability discrimination action by a former employee (U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York)
- Defending a small marketing firm against a race discrimination action by a former independent contractor (New York Supreme Court)
- Defending a large multi-state employer in a race discrimination and harassment action by a former employee (New Jersey Superior Court)
- Defending a U.S. subsidiary of a large Japanese corporation in a race and national origin discrimination action by a former employee (U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York)
- Defending a large multi-state employer in an age discrimination action by a former employee (U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois)
- Defending a New Jersey employer in a sexual harassment action by an independent contractor (New Jersey Superior Court)
- Representing a highly compensated executive in a breach of contract action against his former employer (U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York)
News & Resources
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Labor & Employment