Shane is an experienced mid-level associate in the Corporate group where he assists clients in a range of issues, including with matters related to mergers and acquisitions, governance and compliance, telecommunications, Alaska Native Corporations, and bankruptcy. Shane also has experience assisting and appearing in various litigation matters, including cases in Superior Court and the Alaska Supreme Court, and arguing in front of the Ninth Circuit.
Born and raised in Anchorage, Shane understands the unique challenges that face Alaskan clients. To that end, before joining Dorsey, he clerked for Judge Kevin Saxby on the Alaska Superior Court and Justice Peter Maassen on the Alaska Supreme Court. Shane strives to use his experience and the skills acquired during his clerkships to help clients achieve their goals.
During law school, Shane interned for Judge Margaret M. Mann on the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the Southern District of California and served on the San Diego Law Review.
Education & Admissions
University of San Diego School of Law (J.D., 2014), magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
University of Washington (B.A., Business Administration, 2011)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Alaska
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Alaska Superior Court, Judge Kevin Saxby, 2014-2015
- Alaska Supreme Court, Justice Peter Maassen, 2015-2016
- Geneva Woods Health Supplies, LLC (represented Alaska-based medical supplies company in asset purchase deal)
- Cook Inlet Energy (Alaska) (defended six preference lawsuits brought by liquidating trustee; all resolved)
- Trophy King Lodge (Alaska) (confirmed full payout Chapter 11 plan)
- Anchorage Midtown Motel (Alaska) (confirmed full payout Chapter 11 plan)
- Oral Argument in front of Ninth Circuit
Industries & Practices
- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Indian & Alaska Native
- Mergers & Acquisitions