JAMIE’S PRACTICE COVERS A RANGE OF CORPORATE, SHAREHOLDER AND EMPLOYMENT-RELATED TAX MATTERS.
He regularly advises clients on tax and share valuation issues arising over the business lifecycle – from establishing the optimal capital structure, raising funds under investment reliefs and incentivizing key managers, to restructuring/demerging, and working through exit planning strategies.
Jamie also advises on all aspects of UK real estate tax, on VAT, and on the stamp taxes. He has a particular interest in the taxation of authorized funds and authors the collective investment schemes chapter in one the UK’s leading tax publications.
Jamie’s experience includes advising clients on:
- Tax-related aspects of corporate transactions (including M&A and PE investments)
- Structuring corporate demergers and reconstructions
- Accessing risk capital tax reliefs (particularly EIS) when investing in start-ups and scale-ups
- Share incentives and share plans for key managers/employees (options, share class structuring, LTIPs, restricted stock, cash plans), as well as tax valuations
- Cross-border tax structuring (particularly involving UK holding companies)
- Funds-related tax issues for smaller private funds and fund managers with carried interest
- Stamp taxes
- Real estate taxes
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
March 1, 2023
Industries & Practices
Banking & Financial InstitutionsExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Trusts & Estates