The North America section of the Digest discusses recent FCPA settlements, including:
- Beam Suntory resolution in which the firm agreed to pay over $8 million to the SEC to conclude FCPA books and records violations; and
- Credit Suisse $77 million settlement resolving an FCPA probe into its hiring practices in Asia.
- An action involving two former traders sentenced to 13 years in prison for EURIBOR rate rigging; and
- Danske Bank potentially being faced with a money laundering probe.
- Saudi Arabia continues to detain people after the November 2017 corruption sweep;
- The former prime minister of Malaysia, Najib Razak, was arrested amidst corruption allegations; and
- A former vice governor of Gansu province, China, was sentenced to 15 years for taking bribes.
- Brazilian court approves further investigation into Brazil’s President Temer; and
- Duduzane Zuma, son of former president Jacob Zuma, was charged for his role in a bribery scandal involving the Guptas.
We hope you find this information useful. To view this issue, click here.
Corruption issues are also addressed on the Computer Fraud website at http://computerfraud.us/ and SEC Actions blog at www.secactions.com. To subscribe to future editions of the Anti-Corruption Digest, click here.