The North America section of the Digest discusses key events in this segment of the world including:
- DOJ’s new policy against “Piling On” and its emphasis on compliance; and
- The additional charges in the Rolls-Royce bribery case.
- The new charges in the U.K. by the SFO against two individuals in the Unaoil investigation; and
- The investigation by Swiss prosecutors regarding two PetroSaudi officials.
- Israel’s prime minister who is likely facing indictment;
- The former Chinese chairman of a state-owned food conglomerate who is being investigated for corruption; and
- India’s investigation of the AirAsia chief for corruption.
- Peru’s efforts to extradite former President Toledo from the U.S. to face charges in Odebrecht case; and
- The action of the South African courts in unfreezing the Gupta family assets after a judge found a lack of evidence of money laundering.
We hope you find this information useful. To view this issue, click here.
Corruption issues are also addressed on the Computer Fraud website at http://computerfraud.us/ and SEC Actions blog at www.secactions.com. To subscribe to future editions of the Anti-Corruption Digest, click here.