The North America section of the Digest discusses a number of recent FCPA charges and pleas. It includes:
- The nephew of the former U.N. secretary pleads guilty to FCPA charges;
- Former owner of a nuclear transport company charged with FCPA violations; and
- Petrobras settles class action over the company’s corruption scandal.
In the Europe section of the Digest you’ll find discussion regarding:
- The U.K.’s Serious Fraud Office’s corruption probe into Chemring.; and
- Allegations that the Czech Prime Minister abused a European Union subsidy program a decade ago.
The Digest also looks at recent developments in Latin America. These stories include:
- Peru’s raids on a number of construction companies over allegations they have been involved in the Odebrecht scandal;
- Brazil’s former President Lula da Silva loses the appeal of his corruption conviction; and
- The ex-Guatemalan defense minister arrested in a corruption probe.
We hope you find this information useful. To view this issue, click here.
Corruption issues are also addressed on the Computer Fraud website at http://computerfraud.us/ and SEC Actions blog at www.secactions.com. To subscribe to future editions of the Anti-Corruption Digest, click here.