- Alere’s FCPA settlement with the SEC;
- Airbus’ recent disclosure that false information was on sales agents and commissions was provided to the State Department; and
- The first sentencing handed down in the FIFA corruption probe.
In the Europe section of the Digest you’ll find discussion regarding:
- U.K. regulators' investigation into Standard Banks’ links to the South African corruption scandal; and
- French authorities investigation of the Formula 1 sale to Liberty Media
- Portugal’s former prime minister indicted on corruption charges.
The Digest also looks at recent developments in Latin America and Africa, including:
- President Temer is spared once again from facing corruption charges by congress;
- President Maduro is linked to the Odebrecht scandal by a video deposition posted to a blog; and
- Corruption charges against President Zuma dating back to 2009 were reinstated by the Supreme Court of Appeals.
This issue of the Digest includes, in addition, articles relating to events in the Middle East and Asia as well as links to recently published FCPA articles of note.
We hope you find this information useful. To view this issue, click here.
Corruption issues are also addressed on the Computer Fraud website at http://computerfraud.us/ and SEC Actions blog at www.secactions.com. To subscribe to future editions of the Anti-Corruption Digest, click here.