The North America section of the Digest focuses on recent corruption and bribery developments. It includes:
- The new record-setting FCPA violations settlement by Telia;
- Braskem’s $10 million settlement with investors to settle a class action related to FCPA allegations; and
- DOJ’s bribery charges against college basketball coaches and a senior Adidas executive.
In the European section of the Digest you’ll find discussion regarding:
- Tesco executives trial for fraud charges; and
- The “Azerbaijani Laundromat” investigation.
The Digest also looks at recent developments in Latin America and Africa, including:
- New corruption charges against President Temer and former Presidents da Silva and Rousseff;
- A chart tracking the Odebrecht scandal and which countries are involved; and
- KPMG and McKinsey find themselves caught up in the allegations regarding the Guptas and President Zuma.
This issue of the Digest includes, in addition, articles relating to events in the Middle East, Asia, and Australia, as well as links to recently published FCPA articles of note.
We hope you find this information useful. To view this issue, click here.
Corruption issues are also addressed on the Computer Fraud website at http://computerfraud.us/ and SEC Actions blog at www.secactions.com. To subscribe to future editions of the Anti-Corruption Digest, click here.