International law firm Dorsey & Whitney has expanded its highly regarded U.S.-China practice with the addition of Marc Kushner as a Partner together with his team in the Firm’s New York office. Mr. Kushner is a leading mergers and acquisitions lawyer, focusing on complex cross-border transactions including extensive experience with U.S.-China cross-border transactions. Mr. Kushner is Dorsey’s new Head of U.S. M&A.
Mr. Kushner and his team join Dorsey from Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt’s New York office, where he led Osler’s U.S. M&A team and was part of a group recognized by Chambers Global with a Band 1 ranking in the Global Guide. Marc has also been recognized for several years by IFLR 1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms as a Notable Practitioner in M&A and Private Equity. His experience includes advising public and private companies, private equity firms and pension funds on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, leveraged buyouts, minority investments, recapitalizations and other transactional matters. Prior to joining Osler, Mr. Kushner spent 17 years at Debevoise & Plimpton.
加入德汇之前，Kushner律师担任Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt律所美国并购团队主管。Kushner律师和他的团队被《钱伯斯全球》在其《全球指南》中评选为第一梯队（Band 1）。Kushner律师也多年被《国际金融法律评论》IFLR 1000：全球金融领域的领先律师事务所指南评为“并购及私募股权领域的著名律师”。他的从业经验包括为上市公司及私营企业、私募股权基金和养老基金提供兼并、收购、剥离、合营、杠杆收购、少数股权投资、资本重组和其它交易类事项方面的法律咨询。加入Osler之前，Kushner律师曾在Debevoise & Plimpton律所工作了17年。
Mr. Kushner has advised clients in a number of U.S.-China cross-border transactions, including the following:
- Advised Fibocom Wireless in its acquisition of Sierra Wireless’ automotive embedded module product line for US$165 million. The transaction was awarded one of the Top 10 M&A Deals in 2020 by Capital China.
- 代表深圳市广和通无线股份有限公司以1.65亿美元收购Sierra Wireless车载前装通信模块生产线业务。该交易被《融资中国》评为“2020年度中国十佳并购投资案例”。
- Advised China Molybdenum in its US$2.65 billion acquisition of Freeport-McMoRan’s indirect 56% interest in the Tenke Fungurume copper cobalt mine. The deal was awarded Platts Global Metals Deal of the Year 2017.
- 代表中国钼业集团股份有限公司以26.5亿美元收购Freeport-McMoRan持有的Tenke Fungurume铜钴矿56%的间接权益。该交易荣获2017年“普氏全球金属行业年度交易”奖。
- Advised BHR Newwood in its US$1.1 billion acquisition of Lundin Mining's indirect 24% interest in the Tenke Fungurume copper-cobalt mine.
- 代表BHR Newwood以11亿美元收购Lundin Mining持有的Tenke Fungurume铜钴矿24%的间接权益。
- Advised China Molybdenum in its US$1.5 billion acquisition of Anglo American’s Brazilian niobium and phosphates businesses.
- Advised China Molybdenum Co., Ltd. in the sale by Louis Dreyfus Company of its global metals business to NCCL Natural Resources Investment Fund for US$466 million.The fund was managed by New China Capital Legend as general partner, with China Molybdenum Co., Ltd. and AXAM Asset Management as two limited partners.
- 代表中国钼业集团股份有限公司，在Louis Dreyfus Company以4.66亿美元将其全球金属业务出售给NCCL Natural Resources Investment Fund的交易中为中国钼业提供法律服务。New China Capital Legend是该自然资源基金的普通合伙人，中国钼业和AXAM资产管理公司为其有限合伙人。
In addition to Mr. Kushner and his team, Dorsey’s China practice has recently added talent in several important areas of client need. Justin Wang, practicing in the areas of cross-border litigation and national security, joined the Beijing office. Gan Wang, a seasoned corporate and tax attorney, joined the Firm’s Shanghai office. In Hong Kong, Joshua Wong joined Dorsey’s international arbitration and commercial disputes resolution team. All these three attorneys are fluent in Chinese and English and have both U.S. and Chinese law background and training.
Dorsey’s U.S. China Practice mainly serves the following industries: biotech and life sciences; e-commerce and logistics; high-end manufacturing; chemicals and materials; mining and natural resources; technology; financial services; automotive; and internet of things. Dorsey’s U.S.-China practice has received numerous accolades and awards, including recent recognition in Legal 500, IFLR, Chambers, and Legal 100 Asia; four 2021 China Business Law Awards by the China Business Journal; a China Business Law Journal “Deal of the Year Award” in 2020 as counsel for Eddingpharm Group in its acquisition of assets from Eli Lilly; and many more.
德汇的中美业务部主要服务于以下行业：生物制药和生命科学；电子商务与物流；高端制造业；化学与材料；矿产与能源；技术；金融服务；汽车；物联网。德汇的中美业务部获得了多项殊荣和奖项，包括最近获得《法律500强》、《国际金融法律评论》、《钱伯斯》和《Legal 100 Asia》的认可；被《中国商法杂志》评选为“2021年卓越律所大奖”之四项业务得奖律所；德汇作为亿腾医药集团的法律顾问就收购礼来公司部分资产交易，获得2020年《中国商法杂志》评选的“年度最佳交易奖”等多个荣誉和奖项。
“Dorsey’s U.S.-China Practice Group works seamlessly with our multidisciplinary teams across the 19 offices of the firm to provide 24/7, multi-lingual legal services to our global clients on cross-border M&A transactions, and the addition of Marc Kushner, his team and other attorneys in our Asian offices add even more power to our cross-border representations,” noted Catherine Pan, Partner and Corporate Group Head in the Firm’s New York office and Head of the Firm’s globally recognized U.S.-China transactional practice.