The coronavirus lockdown has pushed North American businesses and organizations to offer more services online than ever before – more online schooling, telehealth, grocery shopping, media consumption, and remote working. At the same time, lawmakers have enacted stricter ecommerce laws with higher financial penalties. This session will cover the highest legal risk areas for Canadian companies doing business online in the U.S. including:
- The game-changing California Consumer Privacy Act and November ballot initiative
- Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act and other biometrics laws
- Advertising laws including CAN-SPAM and TCPA
- Social media and online influencer-related laws and regulations
- Contractual clauses and best practices to monitor and control online marketing activity
- Class action waivers and agreements to arbitrate
- ADA accessibility issues relating to websites
- Payment issues and recurring credit card charges for subscriptions
Jamie Nafziger, Partner, Dorsey & Whitney LLP
Sarah Robertson, Partner, Dorsey & Whitney LLP
Kent Schmidt, Partner, Dorsey & Whitney LLP
Dan Miller, Partner, Dorsey & Whitney LLP
Click here to view the materials from the webinar.
**NOTE: Watching this recording does not allow the user to obtain CLE, CPD, CPE or HR credits.