Join experts Kate Bauer, The Washington Institute for Near East Policy; Matt Audette, Zinpro Corporation; and Dorsey partners for a lively and candid discussion of the stiff challenges and remaining commercial opportunities facing Minnesota companies who would consider doing business in Iran.
Complimentary. Please register before August 20, 2018.
Check-In & Breakfast
7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m
8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Topics to include:
- Evolution of U.S. and international sanctions on Iran
- JCPOA framework and the limited relief provided in U.S. primary and secondary sanctions
- President’s May 8 National Security Presidential Memorandum (NSPM)
- Exemptions and general licenses available under the Iranian Transactions and Sanctions Regulations
- Challenges for the U.S. and international banking community in adjusting to the new U.S. sanctions policies on Iran
- Choices facing foreign suppliers who want to trade with Iran and also protect their market and banking access to the United States
- Review of major U.S. commercial sectors negatively affected by the NSPM and OFAC actions and sectors that remain open despite those measures
- Future prospects for U.S.-Iran relations and U.S. relations with other nations who want to have commercial ties to Iran, especially in the energy sector
Blumenstein-Katz Family fellow
The Washington Institute for Near East Policy
Global Logistics & Customer Service Manager
Dorsey & Whitney LLP, Seattle
Dorsey & Whitney LLP, Minneapolis
If you have questions, please contact Jayne Wilgus at (612) 343 8272 or via email.