The North America section of the Digest discusses recent FCPA developments, including:
- The DOJ’s new guidance regarding when it is appropriate to impose a compliance monitor;
- Class action resolutions by Och-Ziff and Walmart relating to FCPA investigation disclosures.
In the Europe section of the Digest you’ll find discussion regarding a number of topics, including:
- New SFO investigations into allegedly corrupt activity;
- Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy lost his first appeal against corruption and influence peddling charges; and
- Former Croatian Prime Minister Ivo Sanader is being re-tried on corruption charges.
The Digest also looks at recent developments in Asia and the Middle East. These stories include:
- Former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s brother and leader of the Pakistan Mulsim League-Nawaz, Muhammad Shabaz Sharif, was arrested by anti-corruption officials; and
- The Chinese government’s investigation and resolution into a number of Chinese officials.
Sections on Latin America and Africa discuss unfolding events which include:
- The Brazilian police have filed new charges against President Temer; and
- Seven Kenyan officials have been charged with corruption relating to the 2016 Olympic games.
We hope you find this information useful. To view this issue, click here.
Corruption issues are also addressed on the Computer Fraud website at http://computerfraud.us/ and SEC Actions blog at www.secactions.com. To subscribe to future editions of the Anti-Corruption Digest, click here.