The North America section of the Digest focuses on recent corruption and bribery developments. It includes:
- Highlights from the new FCPA Corporate Enforcement Policy;
- SBM’s payment of $238 million to resolve FCPA violations; and
- Five individuals charged for their part in the Rolls-Royce bribery scheme.
In the Europe section of the Digest you’ll find discussion regarding:
- The four people charged by the SFO in relation to the Unaoil investigation; and
- French prosecutors’ new investigation into Société Générale.
The Digest also looks at recent developments in Latin America including:
- Brazilian police detain six in Petrobras bribery scandal;
- Ecuador’s vice president to face trial in Odebrecht investigation; and
- Peruvian attorney general's accusation against former president Alejandro Toledo of accepting bribes.
This issue of the Digest includes, in addition, articles relating to events in the Middle East, Asia, and Africa.
We hope you find this information useful. To view this issue, click here.
Corruption issues are also addressed on the Computer Fraud website at http://computerfraud.us/ and SEC Actions blog at www.secactions.com. To subscribe to future editions of the Anti-Corruption Digest, click here.