Most large employers will be distributing Affordable Care Act reporting forms to their employees and filing them with the IRS in early 2016. Now is the time to address some of those sticky questions or get moving if you have been hoping (or pretending) this deadline will disappear.
Members of Dorsey’s Benefits & Compensation Group along with guest panelists provide an overview of the reporting framework. They review Form 1095-C (lines 14-16) and cover basic checklist items, including:
- Have you identified your controlled group?
- Who are your common law employees? (Hint: they are not your leased or agency workers.)
- What information do you need from your multiemployer plans (if any)?
- What information do you need from other vendors, like third-party health plan administrators, COBRA administrators, and disability insurers?
- For those of you outsourcing your work, do you have a signed agreement with your vendor and have you considered whether you need a Business Associate Agreement?
- Bradley Arends, Chief Executive Officer, Alliance Benefit Group Financial Services, Corp.
- Stacey Rice, Senior Lawyer, Cargill, Incorporated
- Liz Deckman, Partner, Dorsey & Whitney LLP, Seattle
- Holly Fistler, Associate, Dorsey & Whitney LLP, Minneapolis
- Melinda Maher, Partner, Dorsey & Whitney LLP, Minneapolis
- Bob Seng, Moderator, Dorsey & Whitney LLP, Minneapolis
To skip to a specific topic, note the times listed below for each section.
- Introductions & Background
(NOTE: Begins at 00:02:53)
- Agenda for Webinar
(NOTE: Begins at 00:15:33)
- Workflow and Administration
(NOTE: Begins at 00:17:28)
- 1094-C & Applicable Large Employers (About IRS Form 1094-C)
(NOTE: Begins at 00:29:12)
- 1095-C with focus on lines 14, 15 and 16 (About IRS Form 1095-C)
(NOTE: Begins at 01:09:43)
NOTE: Watching this recording does not allow the user to obtain CLE, CPD, CPE or HR credits.