Emily Yoshiwara serves as counsel to construction industry and government contracts clients. She assists clients on a wide variety of issues, including contract review and negotiation, bid protests, claim and REA preparation, pre-trial discovery, motion practice, and litigation of complex claims. Emily has represented construction clients on both public and private construction projects, including heavy civil infrastructure projects and commercial construction projects. Emily’s experience also includes representation of clients in a variety of government contracts matters, including appeals before the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals and the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals, as well as in local, state, and federal bid protests.
Emily is actively involved in the local legal community. She serves as a board member of Legal Employers Advancing Diversity in Washington (LEAD-WA) which works to increase diversity in the local legal community by creating fellowships for diverse law students enrolled at Washington law schools. In law school, Emily served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Theresa L. Fricke of the Western District of Washington and represented Seattle University in the Texas Young Lawyers Association’s National Trial Competition.
- Achieved favorable award for prime contractor on large airport project in a five-week arbitration with structural steel subcontractor.
- Achieved favorable settlement for a prime contractor in a dispute with the county relating to waste water treatment plant project.
- Successfully represented general contractor in Washington Court of Appeals matter stemming from bid protest of unsatisfied bidder.
- Represented DOE contractor in complex False Claims Act Suit.
- Achieved favorable outcome for general contractor on bid protest against City of Auburn.
- Represented DOE contractor in appeal at the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals relating to DOE’s audit practices.
News & Resources
Industries & Practices
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction & Design
- Construction Litigation
- Development & Infrastructure
- Government Contracts Counseling & Litigation