Melinda’s estate planning approach is informed by her experience in advising clients in post-death and trust administration.
Melinda counsels clients on the cohesion of powers of attorney, wills, revocable living trusts, irrevocable gift trusts, use of corporate entities, and other estate tax planning techniques to achieve their goals.
- Advises clients on making gifts during their lifetime and complying with IRS reporting requirements.
- Planning wealth transfers for unmarried partners and their blended families.
- Prepare and counsel clients on preparation of Gift Tax Returns and Estate Tax Returns.
- Strategize with owners of closely held businesses and family businesses to form an estate and business plans that address the owner’s personal goals and business’ objectives.
- Inform S corporation shareholders regarding eligible beneficiaries of their shares and consequences of ineligible shareholders.
- Counsels clients on the benefits of sub trusts for their beneficiaries and tax considerations of same.
Industries & Practices
- Closely Held Businesses
- Trusts & Estates
Professional & Civic
- Member, Seattle Estate Planning Council
- Guest Attendee, Washington Women in Tax
- Member, Northwest Family Business Advisors
- Member, Asian Bar Association of Washington
- Member, Washington State Bar Association – Real Property, Probate & Trust Section, Member, Tax Section
- Member, King County Bar Association – Real Property, Probate and Trust Section