Christian assists construction industry and government contracts clients on issues such as dispute resolution, contractual interpretation, and litigation. His litigation experience encompasses developing a claim strategy, conducting complex discovery, drafting a wide variety of motions, navigating the alternate dispute resolution process, and arguing appeals. He has worked on a range of public and private construction projects and has represented owners, general contractors, subcontractors, and other construction industry clients. He is passionate about understanding any unique construction issue which may arise during the course of a project.
Before joining Dorsey, Christian also represented clients in civil litigation and administrative appeals
Education & Admissions
Seattle University School of Law (J.D., 2018), cum laude
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards - Street Law, Landlord/Tenant Law
- Pro Bono Pledge Award
- Supra Content Editor - Seattle University Law Review
- Regional Competitor - Alternate Dispute Resolution Competition
- Trustee Law Scholarship
Nazareth College (B.A., Communication & Rhetoric; Minors in Legal Studies and Philosophy, 2013), cum laude
- Honors Graduate
- Lambda Pi Eta Honors Society for Communication Studies
- Phi Sigma Tau Honor Society for Philosophy
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Successfully prevailed on a Motion for Discretionary Review and achieved interlocutory appellate review for a general contractor.
- Represented a subcontractor with pass-through claims against a multinational company involving unpaid contract sums.
- Represented a general contractor in a dispute against a subcontractor for costs sustained due to deficient work.
- Defended a contractor against a Miller Act claim made by a subcontractor.
- Assisted in mediation concerning a termination dispute between a general contractor and subcontractor which reached a successful settlement.
- Argued a novel issue regarding the effect of bankruptcy and the sale of assets on a lien holder’s rights before the Washington Court of Appeals, Division I.
- Assisted in mediation for a general contractor involving the termination of a subcontractor for default which reached a successful settlement.
- Involved in mediation for a general contractor concerning an adjustment to the contract sum with the project owner due to impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic and related government orders.
- Argued before the Washington Court of Appeals, Division I, on claims involving the interpretation of the regulations on restricted entities and whether the agency was arbitrary and capricious in allocating a license.
- Represented a prospective Washington cannabis license holder through an administrative appeal and successfully argued on summary judgment for an order reversing the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board’s denial of an application for a retail license.
Industries & Practices
- Construction & Design
- Construction Litigation
- Development & Infrastructure
- Government Contracts Counseling & Litigation