PAUL’S PRACTICE FOCUSES ON RESTRUCTURING SOLUTIONS, INSOLVENCY AND FINANCE MATTERS, INCLUDING UK AND CROSS-BORDER SITUATIONS, NEW FINANCINGS AND FUND FINANCE.
He has experience acting for a range of clients, including private equity funds, credit funds and insolvency practitioners and represents major creditors and stakeholders both in the UK and internationally.
- Advising the liquidators on a complex insolvency process involving a group of international entertainment companies.
- Advising a US alternative capital provider on multi-layer financings involving UK media companies, investors in digital assets and a well-known British music band.
- Acting for a European family office as lender in relation to the acquisition by a US borrower of a significant equity interest in an English Premier League football club.
- Advising the purchaser of a European restaurant group through a UK pre-pack administration process.
- Advising a multi strategy PE fund on a sophisticated $100m secured NAV facility with Goldman Sachs.
- Advising a private equity fund on the financing of two UK solar park projects and the related acquisition of three project companies.
- Advising the liquidators on the sale of two leisure parks and related assets out of liquidation.
- Advising the agent and security agent on the redemption and refinancing of private placement bonds issued by a UK drinks company.
- Advising various private investment funds on secured subscription lines and NAV facilities to bridge capital calls and make investments.
- Advising a leading European secondaries fund on the financing aspects of a leveraged secondaries transaction for the purposes of the acquisition of multiple limited partnership interests in a global fund of funds.
- Advising a specialist alternative asset manager in relation to direct investments through the issue of secured bonds by an industrial equipment company and a distillery company.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
- Author “Private financial markets: tacking into strong headwinds” – October 2022
- Author “Re-packing UK pre-packs: 5 key effects on creditors and other stakeholders” - Collateral, June 2021
- Author “The restoration of Crown Preference - the implications” - Collateral, January 2021
- Co-author “Directors of cash-squeezed and distressed companies – 5 liability points to note”– Collateral, May 2020
- Author “The Intercreditor Agreement – protecting mezzanine value in sticky situations”– Collateral, November 2019
- Co-author “Creditors – Getting a Seat at the Negotiating Table” MJ Hudson – Research and Practical Guide, June 2019
- Co-author, “Acquiring Distressed Assets - Top Tips for Buyers”, MJ Hudson - On Target, January 2018.
- Author, "Restructuring high-yield bonds in Europe", Investing in Distressed Debt in Europe - Globe Law and Business, January 2017.
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring
- Lending Transactions
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity