Education & Admissions
University of Texas School of Law (J.D., 2005), Graduated with honors; Review of Litigation (Member); Clarence Leon Carter and John Winston Carter Endowed Presidential Scholarship in Law (Recipient)
University of Florida (B.A., 2000), Graduated cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa; Golden Key National Honor Society
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Represented a lending institution acting as arranger and administrative agent for a syndicate of more than 30 lenders in a $2 B revolving credit facility financing the leveraged buyout by a public oil and gas exploration company of one of its competitors and for general working capital.
- Represented administrative agent for a syndicate of lending institutions under a $1.2 B credit facility to an oil and gas exploration and production company secured by oil and gas reserves throughout the United States.
- Represented agents and lenders providing revolving and term facilities to companies in a variety of industries, including companies providing diving services for oil platforms in the Gulf of Mexico, communications products and services for police and emergency agencies, less than truckload logistics services, building supplies and marine vessel transportation services.
- Represented administrative agent in amending and restating a $555 MM syndicated credit facility with a public oil and gas production company.
- Represented agent to a syndicate of lenders providing a U.S. subordinated second lien term loan facility and a Canadian subordinated second lien term loan facility to a thermal insulation, safety equipment and environmental products supplier.
- Represented lender under a project financing facility for use by an oil refinery to finance the construction of hydrotreater units and in connection with a dividend recapitalization.
- Represented lender providing a term loan facility for use by a coffee products manufacturer to purchase a coffee processing plant.
- Represented lender under a revolving loan facility to a master limited partnership providing compressor leasing services to the oil and gas industry and in connection with its initial public offering.
- Represented a group of investors in the first ever Sukuk (Islamic finance) issued by a U.S. company in their efforts to restructure the investment and through the subsequent bankruptcy and exchange of the Sukuk for shares of stock in the reorganized company, including the documentation of a debtor in possession credit facility to the company during the bankruptcy.
- Represented the agent for a syndicate of lenders in the reorganization of a major manufacturer and seller of work and outdoor apparel and the related work out of the existing first and second lien credit facilities.
- Represented administrative agent with respect to the restructuring of its $200 MM loan facility to an individual investor collateralized by a pledge of equity interests in numerous investments vehicles.
- Represented a group of companies in bankruptcy that manufactured glass containers and flat glass for the construction and automotive industries in negotiating its debtor in possession credit facility and in the subsequent payoff of the facility upon the sale of the group.Represented a lender in its $60 MM trustee in possession revolving loan and letter of credit facilities to a bankrupt oil refinery.
- Represented the agent for a syndicate of lenders under a $50 MM loan facility through forbearance and the ultimate sale of the assets of an oil pipeline company.
- Represented a hospital in its provision of a debtor in possession loan facility to another hospital it purchased out of bankruptcy.
- Represented a publicly-traded professional distribution management company in the closing of a $325 MM revolving credit facility.
- Represented a producer of drill bits in the closing of a $68 MM U.S. and Canadian asset based revolving credit facility and in the subsequent refinancing of such facility with a new lender group.
- Represented a producer of subsea trees for use by underwater energy exploration companies in the amendment and restated of its asset based credit facility involving U.S., U.K. and Norwegian tranches and local counsel.
- Represented an international drilling services company in connection with the financing of a $500 MM term loan closed simultaneously with its $1.2 B notes offering.
- Represented a bulk liquid chemical company in connection with the financing of a $200 MM revolving credit facility.
- Represented a public oil and gas exploration and production company in refinancing its senior secured revolving credit facility.
- Represented an international drilling services company in connection with the financing of a $350 MM term loan.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Lending Transactions
- Oil & Gas