From representing public and privately held companies to individual shareholders in closely-held corporations, Sam has handled a wide variety of matters involving sophisticated litigation through his career at all stages of the litigation process. Sam’s experience includes developing litigation strategy, handling all aspects of the discovery process, drafting non-dispositive and dispositive motions, preparing appellate briefs, and taking and defending depositions.
Prior to joining Dorsey, Sam served as a judicial intern at the First Circuit Court of Appeals. Sam maintains an active pro bono practice, including representing clients in asylum proceedings, veterans' affairs, and first amendment claims.
Education & Admissions
Boston University School of Law (J.D., 2020), cum laude, editor, Boston University Journal of Science and Technology
University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.A., Political Science and Spanish, 2015), Graduate of L&S Honors Program
- Federal District of Minnesota
- Spanish, English
- First Circuit Court of Appeals, Judicial Internship for the Honorable Juan Torruella, 2018-2018
- Represent and assist in month-long bench trial representing minority shareholder of closely-held company winning over $40 million judgment for client.
- Successfully represent multiple asylum applicants in defensive asylum claims before immigration court, resulting in full grant of asylum for entire family.
News & Resources
Industries & Practices
- Commercial Litigation
- Government Contracts Counseling & Litigation