NATALIE TEAMS WITH ATTORNEYS IN ALL PHASES OF LARGE, COMPLEX, HIGH-PROFILE LITIGATION, PROVIDING SUPPORT FROM INCEPTION THROUGH AND INCLUDING TRIAL PREPARATION.
Natalie Athas, Notary Public since 1997, has 20+ years of dedicated litigation experience and has been a professional paralegal since 2012. She has an emphasis in providing support in all phases of trial for senior partners/associate attorneys in multi-million, high-stakes civil litigation cases for high profile clients. Natalie has extensive experience in and out of the courtroom and is an organized, responsible team player with a strong work ethic, along with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in preparing a wide range of legal documents, including pretrial pleadings. In addition, she provides support with Telephone Consumer Protection Act class action cases which heavily involve research, preparation of complex spreadsheets, summarization of call recordings, and voluminous document productions. Assisting in more than 25 civil state and federal trials, Natalie continues to strive for integral knowledge and perpetual innovation toward trial preparation.
- Assisted as a trial paralegal for senior litigation partners and associate attorneys in all phases of arbitration and trial including research; preparation of trial timelines and demonstrative evidence; identification and management of confidential client documents; preparation of voluminous document productions; drafting of legal documents including correspondence, discovery, motions and pretrial pleadings; identification and assembly of trial exhibits; organization and preparation of pretrial documents for filing in state and federal courts; extensive interaction with high-profile clients, co-counsel, opposing counsel, lay and expert witnesses and courtroom attendants, in and out of the courtroom; attention to leverage of costs in maintaining a trial budget; responsible for displaying evidence before a judge and jury; and progressive observation of juries in all phases of trial proceedings, from jury selection through verdict.
- Assisted as a legal assistant for a heavy litigation partner and two senior litigation associate attorneys with progression of case files through arbitration and trial; drafted and prepared all types of correspondence, discovery, pleadings in rapidly developing civil litigation cases; maintained attorney professional calendars and court appearances; and prepared documents for filing in all courts including state, federal and appellate court; served as Orange County Branch Office Administrative Liaison and approved staff absences and timecards, scheduled staff and reception coverage, provided orientation for all new employees, and trained new secretaries.
- Assisted as a legal secretary for two senior associates specializing in complex business litigation; prepared correspondence, pleadings and discovery; maintained attorney professional calendars and court appearances; and assisted with law and motion, trial and arbitration preparation.
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Consumer Financial Services
- Financial Services Regulatory
- Labor & Employment
- Mortgage Banking
- Real Estate & Land Use
Professional & Civic
- Orange County Paralegal Association, Co-Chair Labor/Employment Law Section (Member since 2012)
- National Notary Association (Member since 1997)
- National Association of Professional Women (Member since 2015)
- Second Harvest Food Bank, Warehouse Volunteer, Irvine, California
- Orange County Food Bank, Warehouse Volunteer, Garden Grove, California
- Miracles for Kids, Warehouse Volunteer, Tustin, California