As a member of the firm’s top-ranked trademark team, Patricia has extensive experience in conducting trademark clearance searches, due diligence searches and reviews, and handling trademark, domain name, and copyright prosecution and maintenance matters in domestic and foreign jurisdictions, including international filings under the Madrid System. Patricia also monitors the status of the rollout of new Generic Top Level Domains (gTLDs) and assists clients in entering and renewing their registered trademarks in the Trademark Clearinghouse.
With more than 35 years of legal experience in intellectual property, litigation and corporate law, and over 20 of those years with Dorsey’s Trademark, Copyright and Advertising Group, Patricia also provides training and guidance to clients, paralegals and staff.
- Designed, developed, and implemented systems and procedures during rollout of new top-level domains for tracking launch dates for new top level domains, collaborating with docketing software vendor on required software modifications, and creation of new matter types and docketing progressions.
- Prepared and filed applications for registration and maintenance of clients’ key brands with the Trademark Clearinghouse to protect clients’ trademark rights during the rollout of hundreds of new generic and internationalized top level domains.
- Assisted in development of multi-year, global trademark maintenance strategy for internationally-renowned medical services client, providing multiple alternative maintenance strategies and cost estimates for each. Managed implementation of selected maintenance strategy to completion.
- Managed large-scale assignment project spanning eight years, completing multiple complicated patent, trademark, copyright, and domain name assignments in 120+ jurisdictions, including countries with sanctions enforced by U.S. Treasury Department Office of Foreign Assets Control.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Intellectual Property
- Trademark, Copyright & Advertising