The North America section of the Digest focuses on recent FCPA declinations, arrests, and settlements. It includes:
- Three declinations in FCPA investigations by the DOJ and one in an SEC investigation;
- Halliburton’s $29.2 million settlement with the SEC;
- The DOJ’s announcement of international coordination regarding penalties in FCPA cases; and
- The guilty verdict delivered to Chinese billionaire Ng Lap Seng for bribing two former U.N. diplomats.
In the Europe section of the Digest you’ll find discussion regarding:
- The Serious Fraud Office’s ever-expanding Unaoil-related investigation which has reached Amec Foster Wheeler;
- U.K.’s Financial Conduct Authority’s proposal to expand its Senior Managers and Certification Regime; and
- Addax Petroleum’s $32 million settlement with Swiss officials.
The Digest also looks at recent developments in Latin America and Asia, including:
- An action involving one of Brazil’s largest engineering firms that was fined $175 million related to the Petrobras scandal; and
- Pakistan’s prime minister is dismissed by the Supreme Court.
This issue of the Digest includes, in addition, articles relating to events in the Middle East and Africa, as well as links to recently published FCPA articles of note.
We hope you find this information useful. To view this issue, click here.
Corruption issues are also addressed on the Computer Fraud website at http://computerfraud.us/ and SEC Actions blog at www.secactions.com. To subscribe to future editions of the Anti-Corruption Digest, click here.