Welcome to Dorsey & Whitney’s monthly Anti-Corruption Digest. The Digest puts material regarding anti-corruption enforcement from around the world at your fingertips, keeping you ahead of critical events that impact global business. The Digest is organized by continent, allowing you to quickly focus on the key areas relevant to your business.
The North America section of the Digest focuses on some recent FCPA charges and resolutions. It includes:
- Two declinations in FCPA investigations by the DOJ;
- Two guilty pleas coming out of the FIFA corruption probe;
- A decision by the U.S. Supreme Court imposing a statute of limitations on SEC disgorgement; and
- The sentencing of a consultant in the Och-Ziff Capital case and the judge’s criticism of the government’s handling of the matter.
In the Europe section of the Digest you’ll find discussion regarding:
- The SFO’s recent decision to charge Barclays and four former executives relating to its capital-raising during the financial crisis;
- The latest developments regarding the Conservative’s plan to dismantle the SFO;
- A new global pact to fight tax evasion.
The Digest also looks at recent developments in the Middle East and Asia, including:
- Updates on the Israeli corruption investigation into Prime Minister Netanyahu; and
- The results of Chinese President Xi’s sweeping anti-corruption campaign.
This issue of the Digest includes, in addition, articles relating to events in Latin America, Australia, and Africa as well as links to recently published FCPA articles of note.
We hope you find this information useful. To view this issue, click here.
Corruption issues are also addressed on the Computer Fraud website at http://computerfraud.us/ and SEC Actions blog at www.secactions.com. To subscribe to future editions of the Anti-Corruption Digest, click here.