International law firm Dorsey & Whitney LLP is pleased to announce that Dr. Hui Shen has joined Dorsey as a Partner in the Intellectual Property Litigation group in Washington, DC.
Hui represents technology companies in complex intellectual property disputes involving trade secret misappropriation, patent infringement, and copyright infringement. He focuses his work on patent litigation in federal district courts and the U.S. International Trade Commission. Hui is experienced in all stages of IP litigation and has a strong technical background in electrical systems, computer software, semiconductor device, and clean energy technology.
Representative cases that Hui has handled include:
- Defended a leading Chinese heavy industry company in an ITC case filed by its main US competitor and won the case
- Helped a leading Chinese telecommunications company in a three-week trade secret misappropriation trial that resulted in a jury verdict 1/100thwhat plaintiff was seeking
- Helped a leading Chinese drone company to file the first ITC case with a Chinese complainant and successfully secured a favorable settlement
- Helped one of the world’s leading telecommunications companies in a trade secret misappropriation trial that was scheduled to take three weeks, but settled on terms favorable to the defendant
- Defended one of the world’s leading consumer electronic companies in an ITC-337 litigation and won the case
“Hui’s extensive network in China makes him a great fit for our international platform,” said Bill Stoeri, Managing Partner of Dorsey. “In addition, Hui’s impressive technical and educational backgrounds further broaden the wide range of expertise we offer in our intellectual property practice. His experience in the fields of electrical systems, computer software, semiconductor device, and clean energy technology will bring tremendous value to our clients.”
Hui joins Dorsey from Steptoe & Johnson. He earned his J.D. from American University, his Ph.D. from University of Virginia, and his B.S. from Huazhong University of Science & Technology. His Ph.D. work involved the cutting-edge applications of radio frequency microelectromechanic system switches and phase shifters and microfabrication techniques. Hui also speaks Mandarin Chinese.
沈博士从Steptoe & Johnson律所加入德汇。他在美利坚大学获得法学博士学位，在弗吉尼亚大学获得博士学位，并在华中科技大学获得学士学位。他的博士工作涉及射频微机电系统开关、移相器和微制造技术的前沿应用。沈博士同时还会说中文普通话。
“Dorsey has an ideal platform for my practice,” said Dr. Hui Shen. “This firm has strong capabilities in all key areas to perfectly meet the needs of my clients. Dorsey has a very strong presence in Asia, which will help me to further grow my practice in Greater China. I also see my technical background and litigation experience being a great match with the firm's fast-growing practice and client base.”