In trademark cases and false advertising disputes, consumer perception surveys often play a critical evidentiary role. Frequently, though, the federal courts and other tribunals that adjudicate and decide these disputes find that the proffered consumer perception studies are entitled to “little weight” or are excluded from evidence completely. This presentation is aimed at assisting trial counsel in maximizing the effectiveness of consumer perception evidence at trial or before the National Advertising Division (the “NAD”).
Sandra Edelman and J. Michael Keyes of Dorsey & Whitney LLP will cover the following issues:
- Elements of a well-designed consumer survey for use in litigation;
- Internet vs. Mall Intercept Surveys--Which one is right for your case?
- Sweating the details of the survey expert report;
- Recent updates from the federal courts and the NAD regarding proper survey techniques;
- Key issues and pitfalls to be aware of when retaining and working with survey experts.
For additional information about this event, click here.