Education & Admissions
St. John's University School of Law (J.D., 2009), Executive Notes and Comments Editor, American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review; Dean’s List
St. John's University School of Law (LL.M., Bankruptcy, 2010), Outstanding Academic Achievement Award
University of California, Berkeley (B.A., 2006), Honors Distinction
- New York
- Central District of California
- Eastern District of California
- Northern District of California
- Southern District of California
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of California, Honorable Hannah L. Blumenstiel, 2018-2020
- Successfully defended appeal of order appointing Chapter 11 trustee.
- Represented Chapter 11 trustee appointed after debtor’s death, including resolving complex litigation and proposing, confirming, and consummating plan of liquidation.
- Successfully represented Chapter 7 trustee in avoiding fraudulent transfer of real property and thereafter successfully sold such property.
- Successfully represented Chapter 11 trustee of pro se individual that had failed to fully disclose his assets and liabilities by completing a thorough investigation into debtor’s financial affairs which resulted in discovery and liquidation of a variety of assets, including real property and equity in closely held entities.
- Represented three affiliated Chapter 11 debtors that operated a self-storage facility through the successful sale of the business and real property and consensual dismissal of the case.
- Successfully opposed Chapter 11 debtor’s attempt to assume landlord client’s commercial lease which had been the subject of years of litigation in state court, and successfully defended against debtor’s appeal of the order denying its attempt to assume the lease.
- Successfully represented ex-wife of Chapter 11 debtor in having his case dismissed.
- Represented ad hoc committee of mechanics lienors in complex litigation, mediation, and trial of claims against Chapter 11 debtor’s secured lender.
News & Resources
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Same Sex Couples May Be Able to File Joint Bankruptcy Petitions, co-authored with David A. Blansky, The Nassau Lawyer (Nov. 2011)
- Recent Amendments to New York’s Exemption Laws, co-authored with Joseph S. Maniscalco, The Nassau Lawyer (Apr. 2011)
- LL.M. Thesis, Why Successor Liability Claims Are Not “Interests in Property” Under Section 363(f), 18 Am. Bankr. L. Rev. 697 (Winter 2010)
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring
- Commercial Litigation