GREG TEAMS WITH CLIENTS TO HELP GUIDE THEM THROUGH PROBLEMS THAT MAY RESULT IN NEEDING TO DEFEND A LAWSUIT OR THAT MAY REQUIRE AGGRESSIVELY ENFORCING RIGHTS THROUGH LITIGATION.
After assessing his client’s business needs and long-term strategies, Greg maximizes the legal tools available to obtain the best results possible for his clients.
Greg has argued intellectual property disputes and commercial cases in venues all over the country, including winning international arbitrations, jury trials and appellate matters. He routinely advises clients concerning all aspects of intellectual property matters, partnership disputes, securities cases, products liability issues, real estate litigation, and general contract claims.
Greg is co-head of Dorsey’s Trial Group and serves on Dorsey’s Management Committee
Education & Admissions
University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., 1994)
Dartmouth College (A.B., 1991), cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth, Tenth and Federal Circuits
- U.S. District Courts for Colorado
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Gadeco, LLC v. Grynberg, Won Petition on Writ of Certiorari to Colorado Supreme Court concerning trial court order requiring production of medical records of a party in a commercial dispute.
- Leprino Foods Company v. DCI, Inc., After winning summary judgment for defendant dismissing all claims in a commercial contract and fraud case, led appellate team in securing affirmance from Tenth Circuit Court of Appeal of underlying decision.
- Sterisil v. ProEdge Dental Products, Won summary judgment in a patent infringement case on the eve of trial and successfully navigated through resolution during appeal.
- Solannex, Inc. v MiaSole, Inc., Represented holder of patents concerning photovoltaic technology in obtaining a confidential settlement following claim construction.
- Hunter Douglas v. Mechoshade, Successfully defended against claim of patent infringement between competitors in electronic shade industry.
- Visioneer, Inc. v. KeyScan, Inc., Defended document imaging company in patent infringement matter.
- Tandberg Data Corporation v. Hewlett-Packard Company, Represented data storage technology provider against Hewlett-Packard in claims and counterclaims of patent infringement concerning seven patents through successful claim construction.
- Xantrex Technology, Inc. v. Advanced Energy Industries, Inc., Led team that obtained preliminary injunction to prevent former vice president of engineering to move to a competitor and start up competing division with use of trade secrets.
- Fiber Optic Designs, Inc. and Holiday Creations, Inc. v. Seasonal Specialties, LLC, Led team in bringing a preliminary judgment motion against an infringer of LED based products, successfully overturning unfavorable district court ruling on appeal at Federal Circuit.
- Bristol Bay v. Penguin Publishing, Inc., et al., Successfully dismissed case asserted against publishing company that its advertising claims were false and caused damages leading to the production of an unsuccessful Hollywood movie. Handled the case through appeal at the Colorado Supreme Court.
- Cooper v. NCS Pearson, Inc., Successfully defeated copyright claims related to ownership of derivative testing materials. After winning summary judgment at the trial court level, we were successful in having the Tenth Circuit affirm.
- Central Garden & Pet Company v. Doskocil Manufacturing Company, Inc., Following a trial on the merits at the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board, obtained a verdict allowing registration of our client’s mark by proving opposer’s mark was invalid for violating provision preventing trafficking trademarks.
- T.F.H. Publications, Inc. v. Aspen Pet Products, Inc., Following a successful claim construction hearing leading to a summary judgment in favor of our client, successfully defended claim construction at the Federal Circuit, ending the case.
- Versata Software, Inc. v. Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc., After obtaining summary judgment preempting all asserted claims based on the Copyright Act, confidentially resolving dispute.
Rocky Mountain Honey Smoked Fish Company v. Einstein Noah, Brought a preliminary injunction motion to prevent use of client’s trademark by competitor for same product, resulting in competitor’s ceasing to use our client’s mark.
- Global Cooling v. EC Sagittar, B.V., Successfully defended trade secret action in which our client was accused of misappropriating trade secrets of U.S. Company.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Advertising & Marketing
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Development & Infrastructure
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- International Arbitration & Litigation
- LegalMine Document Review Solutions
- Products Liability
- Real Estate Litigation
- Technology Commerce
- Trademark & Copyright
- Named one of “America’s Leading Business Lawyers” by Chambers USA (Intellectual Property), 2009-2023
- Recognized in IAM Patent 1000 - World's Leading Patent Practitioners, 2013-2015 and 2019-2023
- Listed as a Colorado Super Lawyer, 2009-2022
- Listed as a "Best Lawyers in America", 2017-2024
- Recognized as a "Local Litigation Star – Colorado" by Benchmark Litigation, 2015-2019 and 2021-2022
- Recognized as an "IP Star" in 2016-2022 by Managing Intellectual Property Handbook
- Named "Denver Lawyer of the Year" in Litigation-Patent by Best Lawyers®, 2021
- Listed as a Top Lawyer in Denver by 5280 The Denver Magazine, 2017 and 2020-2021
- Top Tier lawyer, recommended by The Legal 500
- One of the Top 100 Lawyers in Colorado, 2018-2019
- Recognized as "Trial Attorney of the Year in Colorado" by Global Law Experts, 2015