Vanessa is an associate in Dorsey’s Health Litigation Group. Her practice focuses on litigation in the healthcare industry, as well as general commercial, shareholder, trust, and TCPA litigation in state and federal courts across the country.
Vanessa also maintains an active pro bono practice representing healthcare and other non-profits in litigation and 501(c)(3) applications as well as assisting low-income individuals with expungement applications.
Education & Admissions
Northwestern University School of Law (J.D., 2014), magna cum laude; Order of the Coif
Dartmouth College (B.A., French and English, 2010), cum laude; with honors; Lawrence and Sheila Harvey Prize for outstanding growth in French language and literature; James O. Freedman Presidential Scholar; Inducted into the Wearers of the Green, Dartmouth College Athletic Hall of Fame
- District of Minnesota
- Won healthcare client $1.7 million arbitration award against a pharmacy for breach of contract and fraudulent prescription practices.
- Achieved full dismissal of a putative class action for a Minnesota hospital.
- Advised a healthcare insurance company on litigation risks associated with a new advertising campaign.
- Representing healthcare clinic in lawsuit alleging improper disclosure of protected health information under the Minnesota Health Records Act.
- Secured full dismissal of all trustee breach of fiduciary duty claims in complex family trust and business case.
- Won full defense verdict in breach of fiduciary duty lawsuit.
- Successfully scuttled a potential TCPA class action claim made against our client.
- Advised client on best practices to avoid TCPA litigation.
- Currently representing financial services clients in TCPA litigation and arbitrations.
- Won full defense summary judgment order in False Claim Act qui tam action.
- Achieved full indemnification settlement for a pro bono client in Minnesota state conciliation court.
News & Resources
- Note, Losing Our Innocence: The Illinois Successive Postconviction Actual Innocence Standard after People v. Edwards, 104.1 J. CRIM. L. & CRIMINOLOGY 195 (2014).
Industries & Practices
- Class Action Litigation
- Health Litigation
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Trusts & Estates Litigation