KANIKA ASSISTS CLIENTS ON A WIDE RANGE OF CORPORATE TRANSACTIONAL WORK INCLUDING DOMESTIC AND CROSS-BORDER MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS, INTERNATIONAL JOINT VENTURES, PRIVATE EQUITY AND VENTURE CAPITAL TRANSACTIONS.
Kanika is an associate in the London Transactions Group.
Her practice focuses on complex mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, joint ventures and general corporate matters.
Education & Admissions
National University of Singapore (LL.M., International Business Law, 2016)
National University of Advanced Legal Studies (B.A., LL.B. (Hons.), 2015)
- Admitted to the Bar Council of Maharashtra & Goa (India) on 28 January 2017 (Enrolment number: MAH/732/2017)
- English and Hindi
Kanika has particular experience advising on private equity and venture capital investments in a diverse range of sectors such as pharmaceutical, industrial manufacturing, technology among others.
Select transaction experience:
- Advised the management team of Indra Renewable Technologies Ltd (an EV chargers manufacturing company based in the UK) in its series B investment round. The transaction also involved allotment of additional series B shares in settlement of indebtedness owed to certain shareholders under convertible loan notes issued by the company.
- Advised Culpitt Ltd, part of the DecoPac group, a privately held baking and cake decoration wholesaler headquartered in Ashington, UK on an accelerated M&A involving the acquisition of the Food Innovation Group’s non-edible division which included Doric FPD Ltd, Doric Cake Crafts Ltd and Doric Crimped Ltd.
- Represented HRS Hevac Ltd (a privately held heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) provider) and HeatExchangerSpares.com (a privately held plates and gaskets supplier), based in England on the sale of their respective businesses and assets as a going concern to Maloney Metalcraft Ltd.
- Advised the private equity firm, Nova Capital Management Limited on its investment in CorpAcq Holdings Limited, a UK based acquisitions company with Goldman Sachs Asset Management Limited.
- Represented the founders and management of Larasian Limited on its sale of two of its operating companies in the electronics sector to a portfolio company of the US PE-sponsor, AEA Investors as well as the acquisition of Larasian Limited by Larasian Leisure Limited.
- Advised Blackstone FP Capital Partners (Mauritius) V Limited on the disposal of its stake in CMS IT Services Limited.
- Represented the founders of Bharath Serums and Vaccines Limited on sale of their majority stake to Advent International.
- Advised Walmart backed Indian e-commerce giant Flipkart Private Limited on its 100% acquisition of travel aggregator Cleartrip Private Limited.
- Advised Advent International’s portfolio company, Zentiva Group (Czech Republic) on its acquisition of Sanofi India Limited’s pharmaceuticals manufacturing facility.
- Represented AA Limited (a roadside assistance services company) based in the UK on the disposal of its stake in its Indian joint venture, TVS Auto Assist (India) Limited.
- Advised the Singapore-based venture capital firm, JAFCO Asia Technology Fund VII on its investment in the ed-tech company Uable Pte Limited.
News & Resources
September 07, 2022
- Attended the Corporation Ireland Bloomsday Legal Dinner organised by the Corporation Ireland on 16 June 2022
- Attended the 115th Anniversary Event organised by the Norwegian British Chamber of Commerce (NBCC) on 31 March 2022
- Co-authored an e-bulletin on Market abuse: Unlawful disclosure of inside information published on 7 September 2022
Industries & Practices
Corporate Governance & ComplianceExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Healthcare & Life SciencesExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Healthcare Transactions & RegulationsExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Public-Private PartnershipsExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Healthcare Transactions & Regulations
- Investment Funds
- Investment Management
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Public-Private Partnerships