Jason is an associate in Dorsey’s Beijing office and a member of the firm’s dynamic U.S.-China Practice Group. Jason focuses his practice in the areas of corporate transactions, corporate governance, and securities law. He assists public and private companies in their corporate transactions including cross-border mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings of both public and private, and other general matters.
Jason also has extensive experience representing clients in acquisition of financially-distressed assets and Chapter 11 restructuring procedures.
Jason frequently counsels international public and private companies, private equity funds, financial institutions, and high net-worth individual clients in connection with their commercial transactions. Prior to joining Dorsey, Jason practiced in New York City at two local law firms focusing on corporate and securities laws for more than 3 years.
- Represented a leading private equity fund focusing on education industry headquartered in Beijing, China in connection with its acquisitions of multiple assets in the United States
- Represented the management of a Delaware pharmaceutical corporation that is listed on the OTC Markets and its majority shareholders group in connection with their buyout of the corporation
- Represented a leading Fin-tech company in China in connection with its reverse merger with a Nasdaq-listed company and issues relevant to the transaction
- Represented a leading China-based online podcasting company's Hong Kong subsidiary in its acquisition of a California startup focusing on online content distribution
- Represented a China-based private equity fund in connection with its acquisition of a California hotel for approximately $35 million
- Represented a China-based venture capital fund in connection with its investment in a Hawaiian telemedicine startup
- Represented a Chinese leading gardening product manufacturer in connection with its initial public offering on the Nasdaq
- Represented a Chinese educational software supplier in its 70 million USD initial public offering on the Nasdaq
- Represented a Chinese fin-tech company in its initial public offering on the Nasdaq
- Represented multiple U.S. public companies in connection with their periodic reporting obligations and general corporate governance securities regulations
- Represented a class of creditors in a Chapter 11 restructuring proceedings of $600 million structured loan in connection with the development of a Las Vegas casino and resort
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Investment Funds
- Investment Management
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity