Dan is a partner in the Trial Group in Dorsey's New York office. As a litigator, Dan represents clients in a diverse range of industries in federal court, state court and in private arbitration. His representations include matters relating to banking, entertainment, intellectual property, trade secret, non-compete, licensing, real estate and healthcare. Dan is also a member of Dorsey’s China practice, regularly representing Chinese banks in a wide range of matters.
Dan has experience advising and litigating on behalf of clients involved in partnership, employment and other business disputes. He also writes and speaks about matters concerning cybersecurity and data protection, and advises clients regarding cyber strategies, compliance programs, policies and procedures.
Dan is the co-chair of Dorsey’s e-discovery practice and routinely advises clients on best practices in e-discovery. He is also a member of the firm’s technology committee.
In addition, Dan is an adjunct professor of law at Cardozo Law School, where he teaches a course on legal writing, research and oral advocacy. Throughout his career, Dan has performed extensive pro bono, including the representation of a community of Amish farmers involving constitutional claims against their town government.
- Represented international trade association in trademark dispute.
- Represented foreign bank in Anti-Terrorism Act litigation.
- Represented foreign banks in various commercial matters.
- Represented footwear distributor in trademark license dispute.
- Represented technology company in trade secret litigation.
- Represented sports leagues and music publishers in copyright infringement litigation.
- Advised and defended hedge fund in various employment and commercial disputes.
- Represented partner in partnership dispute of an environmental services company.
- Represented international pop star in management and contract dispute.
- Advised and defended multi-national consulting firm in non-compete matters.
- Represented large international investment bank in M&A litigation.
- Represented large specialty pharmaceutical company in lawsuit against medical device supplier.
- Represented national benefit funds in real estate litigation.
- Represented Amish farmers in upstate New York in First Amendment lawsuit against the Town of Morristown, New York.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
- Panel Moderator, Cross-Border Data Privacy Issues; Cardozo Law School, September 2016
- Panelist, Company Computers Under Attack; April 2016
- Dorsey Seminar, Comprehensive Approach to Cybersecurity; April 2016
Industries & Practices
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Commercial Litigation
- Electronic Discovery
- Foreign Banks and Financial Institutions
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- International Arbitration & Litigation
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement
Professional & Civic
- Adjunct Professor, Legal Writing, Research and Oral Advocacy, Cardozo Law School
- Member and former counsel, New York City Bar Association Task Force on Residential Mortgage Foreclosures
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association