Dan is the managing partner of Dorsey’s New York office and a partner in the Trial Group. As a litigator, Dan represents clients in a diverse range of industries in federal court, state court private arbitration and before administrative bodies. His representations include matters relating to banking, investment funds, unfair competition, intellectual property with a focus on trademarks, technology, bankruptcy and licensing. In addition, Dan regularly advises and litigates on behalf of clients involved in partnership, shareholder, LLC member, employment and other commercial disputes.
Dan is a member of Dorsey’s China practice, regularly representing Chinese banks in a wide range of matters as well as other Chinese clients. He also writes and speaks about matters concerning cybersecurity and data protection, and advises clients regarding cyber strategies, compliance programs, policies and procedures.
In addition, Dan has been an adjunct professor of law at Cardozo Law School, where he taught a course on legal writing, research and oral advocacy. Throughout his career, Dan has performed extensive pro bono, including the representation of a community of Amish farmers involving constitutional claims against their town government.
- Represented international trade association in trademark dispute.
- Represented foreign bank in Anti-Terrorism Act litigation.
- Represented foreign banks in various commercial matters.
- Represented footwear distributor in trademark license dispute.
- Represented technology company in trade secret litigation.
- Represented sports leagues and music publishers in copyright infringement litigation.
- Advised and defended hedge fund in various employment and commercial disputes.
- Represented partner in partnership dispute of an environmental services company.
- Represented international pop star in management and contract dispute.
- Advised and defended multi-national consulting firm in non-compete matters.
- Represented large international investment bank in M&A litigation.
- Represented large specialty pharmaceutical company in lawsuit against medical device supplier.
- Represented national benefit funds in real estate litigation.
- Represented Amish farmers in upstate New York in First Amendment lawsuit against the Town of Morristown, New York.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Panel Moderator, Cross-Border Data Privacy Issues; Cardozo Law School, September 2016
- Panelist, Company Computers Under Attack; April 2016
- Dorsey Seminar, Comprehensive Approach to Cybersecurity; April 2016
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Commercial Litigation
- Electronic Discovery
- Foreign Banks and Financial Institutions
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- International Arbitration & Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement
Professional & Civic
- Adjunct Professor, Legal Writing, Research and Oral Advocacy, Cardozo Law School
- Member and former counsel, New York City Bar Association Task Force on Residential Mortgage Foreclosures
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association