On June 26, 2014, Dorsey Partner Nick Akerman assembled a panel of industry experts to discuss innovative and proactive responses to potential cyber intrusions, including advantages of using the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act to bring civil actions, relying on the Department of Justice to prosecute the Economic Espionage Act; theft of trade secrets and structuring corporate governance compliance to anticipate state breach notification requirements. The panel provided practical tips on how to detect and investigate intrusions, what to do before the hackers strike and what to do when your data has been compromised or stolen.
- Mark J. Schildkraut, Senior Intellectual Property Counsel, Becton Dickinson
- Edward M. Stroz, Executive Chairman, Stroz Friedberg, former FBI Special Agent responsible for the formation of the FBI Computer Crime Squad
- Nick Akerman, Partner, Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Robert E. Cattanach, Partner, Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- RJ Zayed, Partner, Dorsey & Whitney LLP
Click here to view the materials from the seminar.
NOTE: Watching this recording does not allow the user to obtain CLE, CPD, CPE or HR credits.