Thomas Lorenzen comments various media outlets on the Department of Interior's (DOI) long-awaited rule for hydraulic fracturing (fracking) on public and tribal lands. The rule ran into immediate opposition shortly after the DOI announcement and two industry groups filed suit in federal court to block it from taking effect.
- Wall Street Journal: Litigation Awaits New EPA Emissions Rules
- Reuters/Bakken: Oil and gas industry groups sue over U.S. fracking rules
- Maylay Mail Online: Oil and gas industry challenges US fracking rules
- Natural Gas Intelligence: Interior Unveils Final Fracking Rule, Hits Swift Opposition, Lawsuit
- Fortune: Oil and gas industry groups sue over U.S. fracking rules