New Developments, Practical Takeaways, Actionable Content – You’ll Find It All at the 2021 Conference!
There are so many novel and make-or-break data privacy and security developments to learn how to handle right now. And other persisting data privacy and security needs aren’t taking a break either. The comprehensive, practical content of the 2021 Midwest Legal Conference on Privacy & Data Security is the trusted, convenient way to get the critical, practical advice you need. It’s also a highly efficient and one-of-a-kind chance to compare your practices with what the team of Institute faculty members are advising their clients!
NEW – Due to the unique circumstances brought about by the pandemic, the 2021 Midwest Legal Conference on Privacy & Data Security will be a completely online event to guarantee you get the content you need on the dates you’ve reserved, while ensuring participant safety.
CONFERENCE BENEFITS & BONUSES:
- Practical Advice on Big New Developments like the newly amended California Consumer Privacy Act, Schrems II and other new developments from Europe, data processing provisions, whether to pay ransom in a ransomware incident, and many more.
- Helpful Coverage of Important Topics Triggered by the Pandemic like re-assessing and implementing remote work policies and practices, handling employee data privacy issues for clients returning to physical workplaces, COVID contact tracing – balancing public health and individual rights, and more.
- Core Foundational Session Options on Breach Response, Vendor Agreements, Implementing Privacy and Security Programs, and Data Retention and Disposal Policies
- The 2021 Data Privacy and Cyber Security Legal Update – Opening Session Highly Valued by Attendees! Jamie Nafziger will be back to kick off the conference with the annual update. What do attendees say? “Very thorough overview; hit on relevant points. Great materials. Thank you!” “Sense of humor helps keep attention to important topics.” “How does she do it? Excellent!”
- 12.25 Live Credit Hours (applied for)
- NEW – QuickTake Interviews – Interspersed in the agenda are short, fun QuickTake Interviews hosted by lawyer and technologist Damien Riehl.
- NEW – Ability to Watch Sessions for a Year Afterward – If you want to re-watch a session or see one that you missed, you can view the recordings of these live sessions for a year following the conference. (NOTE: This “Watch Again” feature is reserved for attendees. Any viewing of sessions outside the listed conference dates and times is not eligible for credit; it is for educational purposes only. The maximum number of credits that may be reported for the conference is 12.25.)
- FREE BONUS FOR ATTENDEES – Pre-Conference Webcast for More Learning and More Credit! Get things rolling the afternoon before the conference begins with Paul Luehr’s popular presentation, IT for Lawyers – Bridging the Gulf Between Lawyers and IT/Security Professionals – updated for 2021 and delivered via a one-hour live webcast.
- And So Much More!
LIVE ONLINE ONLY – NO IN-PERSON ATTENDANCE
In-Person Passholders – You may use your Pass to register for the live webcast at no charge.
Date and Time
Tuesday, February 9, 2021 - Wednesday, February 10, 2021
8:50 AM - 5:00 PM | Check-In: 8:05 AM
Tuition & Discounts
$445 MSBA members / $445 paralegals / $495 standard rate
Other discounts that may apply:
Need-based scholarships are available for in-person and online seminars. For further information or to obtain a scholarship application, contact us at 800-759-8840 or customerservice minncle.org.
Click here for more information.