Michael S. Cordray
MIKE HAS PATENT EXPERIENCE ACROSS A BROAD RANGE OF TECHNOLOGIES INCLUDING INTEGRATED CIRCUITS, MEMORY SYSTEMS, MEDICAL DEVICES AND IMAGING, LIDAR SYSTEMS, AND NUCLEAR FUSION.
Mike has a broad scientific and engineering background that allows him to work in a wide range of technical fields. Mike does a substantial amount of work on memory devices, especially in technologies related to refreshing memory cells. He also works on a broad array of other technologies from medical imaging to nuclear fusion. Mike rapidly picks up new technologies and distills the subject matter of the invention into broad claim terms. He has extensive experience in patent drafting, office actions, inventor conferences, and patent harvesting. Prior to transitioning to patent law, Mike earned his doctorate in Bioengineering, and has hands-on technical expertise with a variety of fields including optics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, biochemistry, medical diagnostics, and software.
- Conducted invention disclosure meeting, prepared patent applications, and managed patent prosecution in technologies including:
- Electrical devices including computer memory, memory refresh operations, latch circuits, and amplifiers
- Optical systems such as confocal microscopes, LIDAR systems, and gas concentration spectroscopy
- Medical imaging such as optical imaging, EEGs, and ultrasound systems
- Software including analysis and modeling of sensor information
- Nuclear technologies including radioactive compounds for imaging/therapy and fusion reactors
- Conducted patent harvesting meetings to review scientific and technical information generated by inventors and recommend patent strategies based on that information
- Analyzed prior art, competitor information, and industry standards to advise clients about prosecution strategy
Industries & Practices
Patent Prosecution, Portfolio Strategy & ManagementExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
- Intellectual Property
- Patent Prosecution, Portfolio Strategy & Management