Take your career to the next level with Dorsey’s exceptional global platform of networked practices and locations. Dorsey will support, enhance and advance your career, allowing you to provide excellent client service.
“At Dorsey, I’m able to provide my clients with top-notch service and cutting-edge knowledge. The long list of sophisticated practices, worldwide reach and sharing culture mean that I can help my clients with virtually any legal challenge they face.”–Jenny Routheaux, AssociateView our current openings
Online applications help
Benefits and Compensation
The following is a list of benefits currently offered to attorneys. All benefits are subject to change.
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, disability insurance, life insurance and individual long-term care insurance at special group discount rate
- Domestic partner benefits and income “gross up” to address tax discrepancies for same-sex domestic partners
- Flexible working arrangements, such as reduced hours expectations, flexible full-time schedules and telecommuting
- Generous paid parental leave policy
- Pre-tax reimbursement accounts for health care, dependent care and transportation expenses for parking and mass transit
- 401(K) retirement savings plan
- Well-being program
- On-site gyms in our Minneapolis and Seattle offices
- Employee assistance program, a confidential counseling and referral program available 24 hours
- Emergency child care back-up service (location specific)
- Adoption assistance plan
- Emergency dependent care reimbursement program
- Discounted bus passes
- Business casual dress
Attorney salaries vary by geographic region. Attorney salary increases and bonus determinations are made at the beginning of each calendar year. Summer associates who accept new associate offers at Dorsey receive, upon graduation from law school, a $5,000 stipend and are eligible to receive an interest-free salary advance of up to $5,000.
We support and encourage the professional development and advancement of our lawyers at all levels through numerous programs.
“The training available to lawyers at Dorsey from day one and continuing throughout our careers is extraordinary. The formal and on-the-job training give us all the resources we need to advance professionally.” –Maureen Sheehan, Associate
Our internal professional development service – Dorsey U – delivers hundreds of hours of internal training annually for our attorneys, staff and clients. Programs include new lawyer training, to help incoming lawyers hit the ground running, skills training to pass on the building blocks of professional excellence and up-to-the-minute training to keep lawyers on the forefront of practice.
We care about the well-being of our people. We offer programs to enrich our lives, promote our health and support career satisfaction, balance and diversity.
Success Programs for Lateral Attorneys
Experienced attorneys participate in a comprehensive transition program designed to smooth, support and sustain their practice.
Evaluation and Feedback
Regular, meaningful feedback is a key to the success. Attorneys are evaluated at least once annually based on criteria relating to several facets of lawyering. We recognize all contributions to the firm when making salary and bonus decisions. Associate attorneys are evaluated on a specific set of competencies that vary based on experience level.
connect with dorsey
find a dorsey lawyer who went to your school