- Advise clients regarding regulatory matters, particularly those involving energy, the environment, and government contracting.
- Represent clients in statute utility commission proceedings.
- Advised client regarding issues arising out of joint ownership of power plant.
- Advised client on the regulatory and environmental considerations for acquisition of power plant.
- Advised clients regarding settlement of potential liability for Superfund (CERCLA) sites.
- Represented client in administrative litigation regarding state licensing of the Fargo-Moorhead Flood Diversion Project.
- Was lead associate representing defendant in litigation arising out of the collapse of the 35W Bridge.
- Represented general contractor as second chair at trial arising out of alleged design and construction defects at Tier III data center.
- Represent manufacturer in appellate matter regarding the jurisdictional limits of Minnesota's asbestos court.
News & Resources
September 23, 2019
April 24, 2017
January 27, 2014
January 14, 2014
Co-authored the “Midwestern States” chapter in Toxic Tort Litigation (2d. ed., 2013), published by the American Bar Association
News & Press Mentions
- Co-presented CLE on “Surety Bonds versus Letters of Credit,” Construction Law Section, Minnesota State Bar Association, March 13, 2009
- Co-presented CLE on “Filing and Enforcing Mechanics’ Liens in Minnesota – A How-to-do-it Primer,” Minnesota CLE’s 2010 Real Estate Institute, November 13, 2010
Industries & Practices
- Construction & Design
- Construction Litigation
- Development & Infrastructure
- Energy & Natural Resources